Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, January 01, 2012

New year, new goals A NOVEL IN A MONTH?

So, I signed up for a thing called JANO, to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of January. Technically, it only requires 1613 words a day. That's roughly 7 pages. Sounds pretty easy. But today, the first day of the challenge, I had family things going on, so I am just now sitting down to give this thing a shot. What happens next? Figuring out a couple characters, their names, and a basic problem. I assume I'm gonna write a romance. I begged people I'm playing with on Words with Friends, to give me some names, so there I have the base of my characters. I asked my husband to say where the heroine is. He says a ranch in New Mexico. So, that would be pretty much a scrub patch, right? What else do they grow out there besides rocks? So, the story is rocky to begin with and painted into a tight little corner before I even get a paragraph written. But I will prevail! Stay tuned.

Labels: ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:43 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------