Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Weddings

I'm back from my mad dash across the country. I'm thinking about writing a book on how to plan a wedding in four days. Think it would sell?

I arrived in Boise on Tuesday evening, left on Saturday about the same time. 96 hours. And I went into every bridal, floral and rental place between Boise and Nampa, Idaho. Lined up a caterer, a cake, a photographer, flowers. Helped my daughter find bridesmaid dresses she could stand--and that her sisters won't kill her over. And found THE wedding dress.

I'll let ya know how that all turns out. Have any of you planned a wedding? Or have an anecdote, funny or horrible, about weddings?

I'm still looking for a DJ/karaoke set-up. (Yeah, we're a hammy family.) And a runner for the center aisle. Anybody got any suggestions?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 1:47 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Hi Carys, I think that's a great idea for a book. I've not planned a wedding before but I know how stressful it can be. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding and hope all goes well with the preparations.

By Blogger jennyowl, at 4:48 PM  

If I write one, I'll let you know.

Unless I add in a "how to enjoy the honeymoon" section, I don't think people will buy a Carys Weldon Wedding Planning book. But who knows?

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------