Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Gimme a crown and fix the queen up

Today I am going to get a fix up.

I mean, I'm going to the dentist this a.m. to have a crown put on one of my teeth, and then later I'm going to go get a dye job on my hair. It is the dye job that's making me nervous.

I dye my hair all the time...myself, in the privacy of my own bathroom. It's usually a one color job, nothing fancy. But, since my daughter's wedding is coming up, I want to make sure there are no weird streaks or anything. So, I'm doing the ultimate no-no---which is changing hair color before a big event. I'm thinking to do some highlights...or something.

The fact that I'm not sure what I should do and the appointment is at noon today--is what is making me nervous. What do you think...is it safe to go in and say, "Have your way with me?"

Or should I cancel the appointment and save my money? Because you know if it's bad, I'll have to have it redone in the next ten days. Should I be brave and daring?

I really want to have it dyed blonde with a horizontal one inch ring of electric blue around the bottom edge--but I know that won't match the wedding colors. I had a friend who did that once, and I really liked it. Of course, she also had a one inch ring of electric pink, too.

Hm. What to do? What to do?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:40 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

I'd keep the appointment, but I wouldn't say "Have your way with me." Well... Unless it was a male hairdresser who was straight and hot! :)

Do the electric blue thing for the conference in Eureka Springs in October. I'd love to see it. :)

(Speaking of ES, I don't think I can wait 'til October to go back there. I might have to take a mini-vacation there between now & then.)

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:33 AM  

"Have your way with me" just sounded fun to say.

I guess we'll see how crazy I'm feeling come October.

Let me know when you're going to Eureka Springs, Jen, maybe I'll catch up with ya there. I'm thinking of doing a story on Dairy Hollow, the writer's colony there. I could schedule that for a time when you're hanging out and we could do lunch or something.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 8:04 AM  

That would be fantabulous! Right now, it's looking like maybe the middle of July. I'll be sure to let you know for certain. Is your e-mail address still the same? (I'm assuming yes, but thought I'd double-check.)

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------