Carys Weldon Blog

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Advise me please

I need your suggestions.

My right arm aches continually. The problem probably goes back to fifteen years I spent as president of a bowling league in Nevada. I'm sure it's been aggravated by using the mouse and typing. Now, it's hurting all the way up into the shoulder.

Got any suggestions on how to alleviate the pain?

Don't tell me to take tylenol. I have a friend, literally, who just almost died of liver failure from a build up of acetominophen in her system. And I had another friend whose daughter almost died from drinking children's tylenol. (And no, I'm not over-dramatizing that.)

Today, I'm gonna get serious about SOME project. Don't know what. Maybe the wolfy book I'm writing for Mojocastle. Maybe a western. I haven't ever written a western, but I had twenty years in the desert between Vegas and Death Valley, and I used to train horses, and run barrels, and hang out with cowboys, so I figure I should be able to do a fair job on that.

Do you like westerns? And, if so, are you more an indian fan or a cowboy one?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:34 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

I like some westerns. *s* I know that's quite vague, but... I know a lot of people are real keen on Louis L'Amour, but not me.

I'm kind of evenly split between cowboys & indians. Though, a lot of times, the indians are more intriguing to me for some reason.

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:45 AM  

For the arm: take a break from the computer.

No, wait, that might get me in trouble around here.

I like westerns. Whether I'm a fan of the indians or the cowboys depends on the book.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 9:19 AM  

Honestly ... I would see a doctor about the arm pain. I was diagnosed with left ulnar neuropathy some years ago and had to have surgery. There were no guarantees that my arm would get better -and it didn't really, but if I hadn't taken care of it I probably would have lost all nerve function eventually.

I have osteoarthritis now. My doctor prescribes Etodolac for the pain. At first it made me tired all the time, but I've learned to live with it. It's also great at preventing headaches and migraines - I hardly ever experience them anymore!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM  

INDIANS!! brave warrior driven wild by innocent puritan slave girl.

By Blogger Raquel, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------