Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Kissin' Up

I'm in a mood, I guess...to talk about lips. My husband, who is working out of town, sent me an email with lips on it and it made me smile. It was a short email...said...Thinking about kissing you. Can't wait to get home to do it. (Or something real close to that). Isn't that sweet?

Which made me think...I like lip service like that. Doesn't everybody?

Anyhow, that got me thinking about kissing scenes I've written. I thought you might like to read an excerpt or two on that topic. Here goes:

From Tower of Loneliness, my debut ebook--available at http://www.extasybooks.com :

They didn't talk. His lips skidded over the flesh at her throat, down across the upper edge of her breasts. With his nose, he pushed the elastic of the gypsy top down and buried his face between her boobs. He held her there, like that, for several seconds.

That was from a scene Marsy had with a guy named Theo. Next is a short clip from something that happened later that same night with the guy (Josh) she had a thing for:

He kissed her. It was soft, a fluttering of lips, really. A taste. The tenderest of exchanges. It required nothing from her at all. It made her close her eyes. Unbidden, the thought that Theo hadn't kissed her ran through her brain.

Want more? There's other lip kissin' in most of my books, if you're interested.

I hope you smile all day and think of kissin' and bein' kissed. I know I will.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 12:29 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Ah, you have a keeper! I hope he's home with you soon!

I've read some wonderful kissing scenes that made it so sensual, loving and too made it more romancy than most of the book!
I haven't gotten far in yours yet but from what I read, each are different that fit the story! Now I have to go find all the books I'm missing of yours! LOL
Cathie

By Blogger Caffey, at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------