Carys Weldon Blog

Saturday, April 01, 2006

FUN things in life

I find a lot of things fun. Reading, writing, horses, dogs. My husband running around the house naked. And sometimes doing that myself. TMI? (Too much information?)

What I USED to find fun was shopping for my four daughters. But now, the older I get, and more out of shape I am, I think...shopping has become torture. The mall is a nightmare. They don't have carts, and I need one for my purse--which weighs a ton--and I need a cart for me to lean on--before I ever pick anything else up. Is it just me?

I DO think it is fun to see my little girls (which are 17-23 now) prancing around in their finery. They clean up so much better than I do.

So, why bring this up today? Because I am being dragged from my keyboard as soon as two sleeping beauties awake--to go prom dress shopping. Yeah, that's gonna be fun. Because, really, I now equate things out to "Four hours in a dress you'll never wear again and you want me to spend how much?"

Remember, I did wedding dress shopping last week. I have not yet recovered fully from that. And here I go again. The drain on my purse never ends. Thank heavens I'm a kept woman. How do single moms do it?

I bow to single mothers, here and now. And to single women altogether. I love you. I worship you. I think...I cry all the time about how hard things are...and you are my sisters, and my idols--you keep on going and climbing mountains and I think...I can follow that example. One day at a time, I can survive what is here in front of me.

But, I have to tell you...sometimes it is moment to moment for me. Every time the mail comes and I get another bill, I just want to cry. The more money made, the more bills that come, it seems. Or major traumas that require what few pennies I've put aside. Why is that, do you think?

Am I the only one that has lost the pleasure in checking my mail? And in the mall? I'm sure those are both signs of growing old.

Thank God I haven't lost my enthusiasm for sex and reading. What would the world come to, then?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 4:44 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

I'm with you. The Mall and the mail give me no pleasure any more.Too many people and too many bills.

By Blogger Estella, at 7:05 PM  

I only like the mall to book shop, LOL.
I hate clothing shopping, always have!

By Blogger Caffey, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------