Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Amarillo by morning

I'm leaving this morning to go to Amarillo. Gotta be there by tomorrow a.m.

I'm hoping to meet Hilary Sares. She's an editor for Kensington. I spoke to her briefly at RT and she gave me her card. I made an appointment. Now, I'm wondering what to pitch her. I have a ton of projects in the works, and a couple vampire novellas done--and one vampire novel complete at the moment.

I also have a contemporary series in the works which I think you might like. It's a confession series...

Well, I don't have time to go into it right now. Suffice it to say that there are cover models (male and female) involved. One heroine that I love is named Bren (Brenda, actually)--she is big and beautiful and--I said I wasn't going to take time to go into that, didn't I?

Oh, well. What's another five minutes when I'm chatting with my friends, right?

Jonas is a wealthy playboy who is also a world class high fashion photographer. When Bren gets a contract/invitation to go to his mansion for photo shoot, she never suspects that he's got ulterior motives. The man is tired of anorexic women and proclaims, straight up (yeah, pun intended) that he has a fascination for Botticelli models...

I'm assuming you guys know who Botticelli is. Renaissance painter, always used real women to feature in his work. Women with a little substance on their hips. Anyhow, google him and his art.

Then there's the other story in the series--where Derek the cover model confesses all the way through his self-denial of being in love with a sexy, sassy hispanic chick named Mia. Friends with benefits takes on a new twist when the cover models get south of the border for a steamy photo shoot. Glance at THE ROCK's picture and say, "Oh, hi there. That's what Derek looks like, eh?"

You may have guessed it by now. It's confessions of cover models, Carys Weldon style. I hope you'll look forward to seeing that in print.

Anyhow, gotta hit the road. Already a half hour later than my plan to get out of town. Sigh. Am I the only one that is ALWAYS a day late and a dollar short?

In this case, I'm books short. I have, get this, FOUR books in my possession. I usually have 10-20. I guess it's good. That means I've sold the rest and I don't have to lug a big old box in to the next thing I go to.

Hopefully, I'll be able to blog while I'm there. You'd think a hotel called the Ambassador would have a pc available for customers to use. Wouldn't you?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:21 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

How many conferences do you go to? (I'm just curious. It seems like you're always on the go.)

Heavens NO you're not the only one who's always a day late and a dollar short. That's the story of my life. I do feel good about finally getting the next website review article done and sent to the OWFI Report. :)

The confessions series sounds intriguing.

I know in your driving to Amarillo you won't go near McAlester, but wave when you see the sign. lol.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:07 AM  

I waved! Did you feel the breeze?

This year, I signed up for too many things, I think. Six or seven weeks of conferences in a row. After I get back from the wedding, I'm gonna collapse into my computer chair, try and blog daily, and write some heck-yeah novels.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 8:37 PM  

Wow! Six or seven weeks. And I have a measly 2 conferences total. That I am looking to add at least one to.

I think I need to hang out with people more. I'm too sedate.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:55 PM  

Erm....

I should know better than to post anything when I'm not fully awake. I don't mean the conferences are measly. Just the amount of them.

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------