Carys Weldon Blog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Carys out of the closet

I don't know how many of you realize that I write under more than one name, and in pretty much every genre out there...but I do.

Under the name Jennifer DiCamillo, I have poetry published in the UK (Stride Magazine), poetry/essay/short story published in India (Taj Mahal Review--Dec 2005 and June 2006--available for purchase) http://tajmahalreview.com/taj9.htm , and a story accepted in Australia. My works have been read in those countries, and others including: Russia, Scotland, Wales, England, Prague--wherever the hell that is, (okay, I really know!) and more. I have been published repeatedly in Storyteller Magazine (US) and that goes all over the world.

That will explain why many of the emails I return to you have the name Jennifer DiCamillo at the top. I answer to JENN, JENNIFER, and CARYS.

Now, I'm completely out of the closet.

I use Carys Weldon on anything that is R rated or above. So, if you like my writing and want to find some of my stuff between now and the release of future Carys Weldon works, you might want to check out my 13th century sword slinging novel The Price of Peace, or the upcoming Courting Disaster (Zumaya Publications), or the paranormal mystery anthology Deadknots that will be coming out soon from Hard Shell Word Factory. That one is co-written with mystery writer CJ Winters. Half her stories, the other half mine.

The Price of Peace contains two chapters of erotic "persuasion" that I think Carys Weldon fans would love.

I also have a poetry book or two that will be out soon. I'm talking to Mojocastle about releasing a whole collection of erotic poetry...Even if you're not into poetry, I think you will find that erotic reading--in rhythm--is very stimulating. Might make you a poetry fan, even.

Also, if you can find the TRUE CONFESSIONS dated September 2006, you will find a story in there called THE WRONG MAN. I wrote that. Of course, I can't prove it because I got no byline. I also wrote the DEPLOY TO WAR story that appeared on the cover of their June issue.

And for those interested in nonfiction, you can go to http://www.ozarksmonthly.com and read the June issue--where my Horse Auction story is. Or last October, when I did a story about the Loch Ness Monster of the Ozarks. Or the May 2004 archive of an interview with me. I also have restaurant reviews in there, and upcoming articles based on the area surrounding where I live.

I also have some children's books coming out by Tree Press.

Just wanted you to know that I am running my fingers through a lot of little pots. So, you can get your fix of my weird wit, and passionate writing in other bites while you're waiting for the CW titles to be re-released.

Remember, friends, that posting to this blog gets your name in the hat for the next $10 gift certificate drawing, and reading the newsletter I just sent out--and responding to the question at the bottom, will get you entered in the other $10 drawing. GOOD LUCK.

~Carys

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 9:52 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Every year at the OWFI and OCWI awards banquets, it seems like I hear your name quite often.

You're quite prolific, lady. :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:50 AM  

I think I actually like your nonfiction better than your fiction.

I have been going through a nonfiction phase lately, though, so it might just be me.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 11:49 PM  

*Thanks* for sharing your secrets with us ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------