Carys Weldon Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

Pillow Talk and creepy stuff

I bought a foam bed and pillow last year, right before Christmas. One of those mattress sets that has eight inches of NASA foam (or something) on the top, under the normal looking mattress fabric.

It holds the heat, and conforms to your body. I am sleeping a lot better than I was on our regular mattress--which was getting old. I'm a firm believer in putting money in a couple places--where you sleep every night of your life and in what you drive. I travel extensively (mostly for fun, sometimes to promote books) and I need a car that won't cripple me.

The first ten years my husband and I were married, we used any old bed/mattress we could find. We were young and our backs and shoulders, knees and toes could handle it, I guess. But, we're starting to feel things like...he used to do Evel Knievel stunts (and wrecks) on his motorcycles, and he dropped a transmission on his left shoulder--because the man is so strong that he can lift a tranny over his head by himself and put the bolts in at the same time. Where other men would get something or someone else to hold it up...anyhow...

and then there was the time I (stay with me here)that our beloved white cat with blue eyes (Pouncer) climbed the highest tree ever and couldn't figure out how to get down...for days...and me and the five kids cried for days because we were sure he was going to die up there...and of course that would mean his fluffy white fur and bones would forever be there...and we would never stop crying...and so our hero climbed the tree, got the cat out safely, but fell on the "tranny" shoulder.

Anyhow, I was thinking how warm and snuggly-cuddly that bed was this morning. The temperature in my state has plummeted to winter temps this week. It looks beautiful out but it is unbelievably cold.

I have a hard time thinking and moving when I'm freezing. We live primatively, imo. We don't have central heat and air. We have heaters and a/c.

So, until things start to warm up, I do things like type with a blanket on my lap, and get those super cheap gloves that are two pair for a dollar at the dollar store and cut the fingertips out of them--so I can feel like the starving (ha!) artists/writers you see in the movies.

Anyhow, back to the pillow talk. I bought this $54 pillow. Seems like a lot, doesn't it? I haul the darn thing all over the country the way a little kid takes his blankee. It's really silly. Either the foam pillow or the feather one. And when I'm out of bed, my husband cuddles up to those, and when he's out of bed/state, I cuddle up to his. It helps me sleep better.

Normally, when he is in the bed, I sleep a lot better...until he starts snoring or something.

But, I had a nightmare last night. I was at a house that I have never been to before and there were two ghosts. Normally, ghosts do not bother me. I talk to dead people. But these two were evil. I got the impression of how they died, and what they did before they died...and it was ugly. In my sleep, I tried to say a 'protection prayer' for all that was good (family, friends, etc) to be safe from these entitities...but I couldn't get the words out. I was afraid down in my soul.

Have you ever felt so scared that even your mind stutters? I've felt this a few times in dreams. It had my heart racing and I woke up in a panic, and worse, I couldn't tell if my husband was breathing. I kissed his back a couple times, cuddling up, then finally, because I still couldn't tell that he was alive (one of my big paranoias--apnea runs in his family) I put my hand on his face and head--like an annoying kid, whispering his name. He's part deaf, so that didn't help. But finally the hand over his head made him move. SUCH A RELIEF!

Do you have fears like that? Nightmares? The weird thing is...the dream reoccurred several times, every time I went back to sleep...which tells me there is something significant to it.

The female spirit that I saw in the dream set fire to the house. She told me she'd done it before and would do it again. I think I should try and give Stephen King a run for his money. I mean, creepy ghost dreams come to life could probably be some hit books. If nothing else, I could make a collection of stories for Tales from the Crypt or something.

Anyhow, it was just a dream, but it ruined my good night's rest. I wonder if people are more apt to have dreams like that this time of year because we have so much more spooky stuff on t.v.--?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:59 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

I knew there was a reason I don't watch spooky stuff on TV.

Usually when I can't sleep it's because of stress, not because of dreams. I just stare at the ceiling until 4:00am or so. The way I look and behave the next day might give other people nightmares.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 8:27 AM  

I think it's possible that the spooky stuff on TV can trigger dreams like this.

But there's more to it, I think.

It's approaching Halloween. The Celts (and other ancients) believed the veil between the worlds (living and dead) was thinnest at this time of year and the spirits could move freely between them.

Perhaps a couple wandering ghosts manifested on the dream plane at the same place you intersected when you went to sleep. They re-created their reality when they were living, which might explain why you saw the unusual house and the like.

Just guessing here.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:49 AM  

lol ghosts don't bother me I haven't met one yet. Real folks bother me more than anything I haven't run across yet. Cause real folks can and will kill ya. That's funny about your hubby dropping a transmission on his shoulder well not funny funny but ironic funny. My husband dropped one on his chest years ago. He was home alone at the time and he lifted it off enough to get out from under it. He didn't tell me this until I had to take him to the emergency room two days later. We thought he was having a heart attack but he had pulled a muscle around his heart lifting that transmission off of him.

By Blogger Pamk, at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------