Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Writing historicals

I'm working on a historical. Betrayal of the Betrothed. I think I mentioned it before. It's already won an award.

Or, maybe I should have said, I would be writing on it if I didn't have every interruption in the world. Emails galore, phone calls.

And cookies. I'm baking toll house chocolate chip cookies and have to get up every ten minutes. I had the whim last night. I used to bake all the time, but have gotten out of the habit now that three of my five kids are out of the house. The other two, and my husband, won't know how to act when they see these. I made some normal sized ones and then a few palm sized ones. Monster cookies for the monsters. hehehe

I always use real butter and like real vanilla too, so they are pretty tasty.

I'm typing this while being on phone (for 45 minutes now). Someone calling me, wanting to talk about getting Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I don't love those. They have too much icing. Is it politically incorrect to admit I don't like Krispy Kreme doughnuts?

I gotta go get busy. Catch ya later!

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:29 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

My husband doesn't like Krispy Kremes either. He'll eat them to be polite if someone has them and is going on and on about them but he doesn't think they're all that special. He says that if they're warm they're okay but if not they taste too...something he can't define. Maybe, like you, it's the icing. For me, I don't love or hate them but I don't get the hype. So you're not alone on that one.

By Blogger Glenna, at 4:21 AM  

Krispy Kremes are absolutely disgusting! Way too sweet, way too much sugar/icing. So, I agree with you. lol

I love writing historicals. :) "Kiernan's Curse" and "Devon's Wish" have both won awards at OCWI. I'll see how they do at OWFI in May. :) I need to be working on "Benen's Burden," but he's not urgent enough yet, I guess. lol

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------