Carys Weldon Blog

Monday, June 25, 2007

Books for a buck and ebook reader on sale

Ever heard of Books for a Buck? If you haven't, you might want to check it out. The first month the book goes up for sale, it is only a dollar. Prices after that are reasonable. I've put the link at the bottom of this post because I think you'll be glad to know about it and purchase there.

The owner/publisher, Rob Preece is a really nice guy. I met him in an elevator in Virginia when I was at Epicon this last March.

Rob posted this announcement of ebook readers on sale on an email loop I'm on, and I thought you'd be interested. How many times can I say on in one paragraph, my friends? Come on. ;)Or should I just say COME. Or GO. Whatever.

Direct quote starts here:

I'm sure many of you guys saw this reported on Mobileread.com or teleread.net, but TigerDirect is offering the Sony Reader for $99. That's a pretty huge markdown from the regular $299 (itself a price reduction from the $350 original price).

I don't know if this means that Sony is cleaning their inventory to get ready for a version 2, but if you've been thinking about getting yourself a new eBook reader, this might be a great time to grab one.

For those who haven't seen this, it's a cute device, a bit smaller than the eBookWise and quite a bit lighter. The electronic ink display seems to have a pretty good contrast (it's black on gray), and battery life is 7,500 page turns (rechargable). That's a lot of books on one charge.

Here's the URL: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3205214&CatId=228

Happy 4th of July.

(PS if $99 is too steep, I still like my PalmIIIxe for eBook reading and they're selling them for $29.99).

Rob Preece
Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:31 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Oh no, this is dangerous information to give us book addicts. I'm running out of room to store my books already. LOL.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

Thanks for the info. I can get alot of books for a buck

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------