Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Finishing things

Today, I finished going through the galley of my first werewolf print anthology. And I'm back to working on final edits of another book, so I can't take much time here. It's under a deadline.

But, I don't want you disappointed. So, what can I entertain you with?

Oh. Wait. Here's the intro on a story I've started. Tell me if it sounds good enough to complete?

COVER MODEL CONFESSIONS

INTRODUCTION

My name’s Derek. I pose for cover art. You may have seen my picture on the front of a few erotic romances. I’m 6’4,” weigh 235, give or take, and I work out a lot. I take pride in my body.

Because of the work I do, I get waxed—and oiled down—regularly. I let my hair grow out for a photo shoot, so it’s shoulder length, and the natural curl in it is making ringlets. I think it’s funny. Women seem to like it, though.

What else can I tell you? Oh. My hair is dark, almost black, and my eyes are blue. Aquiline features. Posed for a cover of a book called ADONIS not too long ago. So, lots of people jokingly call me that now.

I hang out on the beach when I get a chance, don’t go much for tanning booths, but I like the bronze look.

One more thing…I’m lonely as hell. You’d think the life of a cover model would be all glitz, but I’m seeing a whole lot of plastic. I’ve pretty much given up on finding a woman who’s happy with her body. And don’t think that I’m all nuts about women working out, just because I do. That’s how I make a living.

I like a soft woman. One who isn’t putting up a front, worried about what the world thinks. Got any idea where I can find one?


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 12:40 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

I volunteer! LOL

By Blogger jennyowl, at 9:22 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Caffey, at 9:58 PM  

Now I'm reposting cuz I asked which book but I found out!
But any help you need with the print, let me know, smiling.

By Blogger Caffey, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------