Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

For the birds

Birds are singing outside my door.
The sun is shining.
I've stopped my whining.

I'm bound and determined to "get my head into a book" today.

But, I have one question...
Do you like romances (or any book) to start with something shocking/cataclysmic, or, if you've picked up a romance, are you happy for the hero and heroine to meet, say, in a mundane place, the way most people would meet a new guy. Like, say, at a bar, or somehow through the work place...?

I go back and forth on this, so you never can tell how my opening is gonna go until you pop the cover open. But, I wondered what readers thought about that sort of thing.

Personally, I struggle with the "one man saves the world" concept, so I don't do much of that. (Doesn't mean I won't write a Terminator type story down the road.)

I just...have trouble suspending disbelief on that one. How about you? Do you like to slip off into the ultimate unreality like that, or prefer a romance that sounds like it could actually happen?

(Werewolves, vampires, and fairies aside, of course!)

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:31 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------