Carys Weldon Blog

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Putting a bad day to rest

As I mentioned in my last post, my dog was killed this morning. The day went from terrible and got worse. My (second) daughter was in an accident--and luckily--is okay, going to be fine, just a little shaken up--but that was pretty traumatic for me, to receive the call from her in tears--especially after my fourth daughter had a near fatal accident last September.

So, you'd think that would be plenty to deal with for one day, but then I got a call from a dear friend who is bleeding profusely--doctors can't figure out why or how to stop it--yeah, that's scary. While she and I talked, and cried together, we discussed another friend who just went through a lumpectomy, and a break-up...and what we could or could not do to help each other out.

The bottom line sometimes is...all you can do is listen, maybe pray or meditate...and hope for the best. I can't fix their problems and they can't fix mine, but we can be there for each other.

I believe we all have a circle of reach, and sometimes we don't realize the impact we have on others. Or how much a hug, or a smile, or a sincere..."talk to me" can do.

I was lonely today, feeling helpless. Please tell me that I'm not alone in that...and that maybe tomorrow, or the next day will be better.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 9:08 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------