Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, August 18, 2006

A Deep Well

Well, it's always deep around here. Too much to do, not enough time.

I did not get any writing done yesterday. But, I helped my newly returned, newly married daughter and her husband. They both have jobs now. So, that's good.

And I spent a lot of time with my husband chauffeuring me around. (Still taking muscle relaxers. Not driving under the influence.)

We spent two hundred dollars on two kids for school supplies. My sophomore son had to have (get this): Crayons, markers (thick and thin), colored pencils, watercolors, glue, glue sticks, compass, calculator, God knows how many binders, book covers, notepads, pens, pencils (mechanical and regular plus extra erasers)...graph paper, too.

I wanna know where my tax money goes. Am I so old? Is my memory failing? When I was in school, most of that stuff was provided by the school. And we did our math in our heads and on paper. What's this bologna of having a calculator? I was informed that they get marked down on their grades if they don't have book covers. The only book cover I ever had was made from a brown paper sack...in class.

(And I won't even go into backpacks, school clothes, or the list of sweats for volleyball the team is picking out, and t-shirts for band (2)--and basketball shoes.) Wait. I just went into the list--sorry!

Tonight, I'll be at the Lonestar in Branson, chatting with other writers at a quarterly gathering with the Ozark Writers League, and then we'll all go over to the Motel 8 south of Branson and hang out with whatever editor/agent/speakers they've brought into town. That's usually interesting.

Tomorrow, I'll be going down to the Plaster Auditorium at College of the Ozarks for a book signing and all day writer's deal.

Today, I have to go pick up some books so I can do the signing tomorrow. But, I'm hoping to get SOMETHING written this morning before I have to go do that. Wish me luck. ;) But let's not hold our breath.

I have great plans for next week, though. Great plans of writing without interruption.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:59 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------