Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mysteries

Yesterday, I submitted a collection of g-rated mysteries to a publisher (via email) and was accepted within an hour or two.

So, sometime next year, UNDER THE MOON will be publishing a print collection of my short stories. Many of them have won awards. A lot of them are humorous. Some are just downright silly or SO obvious that when the truth comes out at the end, you gotta roll your eyes. And then, of course, some are creepy because they are too possible.

I'm trying to come up with a good title for the collection. I've been calling it The Mentally Unstable (and other mysteries) because TMU is the name of one of the stories.

Another one is titled Despicado which means IT SATISFIES. That story is based on the concept that the US govt was behind the twin tower bombings, and the operation was called Despicado. My tale opens after all but one of the team members are extinguished--and he meets his assassin. Do you think Despicado sounds like a good title?

Would it draw you because you now know what it is, or if you didn't know, would it draw you because you were curious? Or, do you think I need to consider other options?

Taking all suggestions!

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 9:34 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

To me, "Despicado" is more appealing. It was even before you said what it meant.

Though, I'd likely pick up "The Mentally Unstable" as well, but probably after "Despicado."

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:39 PM  

I agree with Jen that "Despicado" is more appealing.

"The Mentally Unstable" sounds a bit like a self-help book.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 10:47 AM  

... and also, congratulations!

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------