Carys Weldon Blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

Epicon plus new contest

I went to Epicon over the weekend and loved it. Jeff Strand, horror writer with Hard Shell Word Factory, was the emcee for the banquet and HILARIOUS. They say his books are, too--even though he writes horror. You might want to cut your teeth on that genre with him. I swear, we laughed and laughed at his turn of phrase. Truly comedic. If you ever have the opportunity to meet the guy, or see him in action, go.

His wife, Janice, is my editor at Hard Shell, and she writes as Lynne Hansen. You should check out her books. She has one with Sally Bosco called Altdeath.com. If you're looking for some "different" reading material, I definitely point you there.

I met so many good writers over the weekend that I'm gonna drop their names on the blog all week, probably.

I met some gracious women that I definitely hope to work with soon. Lee Ann Woods with Champagne Books, and Lee Emory with Treble Heart were sooo pleasant to chat with. If you're a writer, you should definitely try to meet them.

Lee Ann's little sister, Megan Collier, is an artist. She was there, and had some jewelry she's created--and it was great. Look for her work in the future. She's young, only 23, but I think she has enough talent to make a name for herself. Sweet as can be, too. Loved her and her sister, both.

I could go on and on, but I won't.
I have a new contest idea. Same prize as my others--your choice, $10 gift certificate. This contest will go until the end of April. I'm gonna guest blog on other people's blogs. Just make comments here and there. Clues to where might be here, but google and search engines are your friend, my friends. When I call a halt to the contest, you will mail me with a list of all the websites/blogs you saw me comment on. The one with the most correct/longest list will win the gift certificate.

So, you have to keep an on-running list. Sound fun? It's a hunt and seek thing.
And, for those who post after my comments on that same blog, and mention me, there will be a second gift certificate award.

Your email to me will then have two lists--where you saw me, and where you saw me and blogged about me. All you have to say is...Carys Weldon said I should check this out, so I'm here. Or something of that nature. Sound like a fun game? I'll probably post the rules to this repeatedly. I want everyone to get involved.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:58 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Cool contest idea. I might have to steal it. *grin*

By Blogger Imp, at 9:37 AM  

Sounds like an interesting contest. :)

I know of a couple others who went to Epicon, but my brain is mush at the moment and I can't think of who it was that went.

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:33 AM  

Wow! Sounds like a productive, AND FUN, weekend! Great contest idea.

By Blogger Glenna, at 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------