Carys Weldon Blog

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Outta here

Six AM flight to O'Hare means no early blogging.
I'm not sure I'll get computer access while I'm in VA Beach.
But, extra points for those who blog post here while I'm gone.

Feel free to put funny things, or links, like great you tube stuff.

Hey, does anybody know how to make those youtube and other short vids?
I'd love to get one or two (or a half dozen--one at a time) if someone wanted to make me a couple. I have ideas on what needs to be in them.

I'd love free ones but be willing to talk money for time if someone does them professionally. So, even if you don't, but you know someone who does...send them my way. K?

I have to go color my hair now. Yeah. It's midnight. I'm getting up at 4 am.

I went to the shop and they said they only had slow girls available. Talking five hours or better, they said, because I have so much (and long) hair.

But then, I was in a crazy mood. I wanted it bleached blonde and maybe hot pink or electric blue highlights or strips of color around the bottom.

Too much work, I think. They asked if I could come back next week, while they worked out the concept on how to accomplish it on so much hair.

The big deal I guess is getting the old brown color off. They said it would probably take a bleaching one night and come back for toner another night, then the extra color another night. Yeah. I guess it's a scary bunch of hair to work on.

They, of course, asked if I was sure I didn't wanna chop it to my neck.
My husband would probably shoot me or something if I did that.

Plus, I'm a large girl. Short hair accentuates that.
Not like electric blue and hot pink won't accentuate me.

I just thought it sounded fun. I'm going to a sf con this month. It would totally be a laugh to go in like that. Ya know?

What do you vote for? Stay brunette, or auburn, or maybe add some blonde highlights? Or go crazy, bleach it out, and/or add some wild colors.

Let me know. I'll probably do something next week.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 9:49 PM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

5 Comments:

Do you have a digital camera that also has a video mode? You might be able to do short youtube videos with that. I've thought about doing that with mine, just haven't yet.

I think your hair is so pretty but I don't know ... If I could pull off different colors, I'd probably do it too.

Have a good flight. I know of a couple other people going to Epicon, too. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to afford to go to more than just OWFI and OCWI.

Now for some completely irrelevant stats: 2 months 3 weeks 5 days 'til I go to Eureka Springs for all of June and 38k into "Kiernan's Curse" and halfway through chapter 13.

I think that's the extent of my brain function this morning so far.

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:53 AM  

I don't know if you remember my hair from last June, but it was nearly to my knees... I've always done the color thing myself (though I just stick with bright auburn). Well, last July I had 30 inches cut off for Locks of Love after a close friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. Hubby hasn't yet given his opinion, but he still comes home each night. It's the first time in 40 years that I've had short hair, and it is wonderful. After 40 years of wearing my hair pulled back or up in a bun, it is so liberating to be alble to wear it loose (and not worry about an hour of detangling later).

If you do cut more than 10 inches, Locks of Love needs all the hair they can get for needy children.

By Blogger Emma Keigh, at 5:52 PM  

(Forget the "halfway through chapter 13" stuff. I just finished 14.)

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:01 PM  

Ooooh. I don't know. I love the brunette/auburn BUT some groovy highlights would be cool!

By Blogger Glenna, at 3:54 AM  

Couple comments here:

Wow, Emma. That must be a whole new world. Your hair was waaaaay long.

My hair is long, but nothing like yours was. I've donated to Locks of Love a couple of times, too. Crazy to think someone out there is wearing my hair. ;)

As for getting mine done flashy...they're talking like it's gonna be a nightmare ordeal, like going back three different nights. One to bleach it. One to tone it down, and another streak it. And it's gonna cost $100 or better. So, I'm rethinking the whole deal.

After all, I'm going to Aggiecon next week. What's more important? Getting crazy cool hair or having money in my pocket when I go?

And kudo's to you, Jen, for plogging along on that manuscript. Keep us posted.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------