Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bad thoughts

So, here I am sitting at my keyboard, having bad thoughts.

My husband didn't call me today, and I'm wondering what the heck he had to do that was more important than call his wife. Now, I'm somewhere between worried about him and mad at him...and I hate that.

In all fairness to him, he works nights on this (stupid) out of town job he has. And he works eleven hour shifts. He's gotta be dog tired when he gets off shift. But, I still want him to call and spare me a few minutes of chat. Is that asking too much?

I miss him. I know, I'm a whiner about that, but it's true. I do.

I tried to keep my mind off his neglect but that is easier said than done. I did write two short stories. Wish me luck in finding a publisher who'll take one or both. I'll let ya know if that pans out.

What else can I rattle on about today?

Oh, what's to come!
Come. Come. (Clearing my throat here.)
Are you thinking bad thoughts?

I'm gonna have some (sexy) excerpts posted in the next week or so. I hope you come back and check those out.

I'm giving prizes away over the next couple weeks, so check my website, sign up for the newsletter (on the website) and get ready to win something.

And...I'm taking suggestions on what to give out as prizes in the future. Aside from things like "a new car" and "a dream vacation"--can you think of anything on the smallish but cool side that you think would be neat? Drop a note on the newsletter email loop and I'll take it into consideration. K?

*Smooch* Chat at ya later.
-Carys

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 2:39 PM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

5 Comments:

Carys, I'm sure he fell asleep dialing your number, and misses you almost as much as you miss him...

Good luck with the short stories!

Looking forward to those sexy excerpts! Too dang much snow here!

By Blogger kaisquared, at 5:04 PM  

Some things like candles, body lotion or teddy bears are cute for prizes! But my favorite are gift cards (in any amount)for Barnes & Noble or Amazon!

By Blogger Carolsue, at 6:11 PM  

Give up the bad thoughts---think how happy you will be when your husband gets home.

By Blogger Estella, at 7:42 PM  

Test post

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 PM  

I Know how you feel,my husband worked out of town for awhile & i hated it.He is back now & i don't think i will let him leave again,to lonely with out him.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------