Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, July 23, 2006

2 week old manuscript

Remember that g-rated manuscript I told you about? The one I started two weeks ago? I've finished it. I wrote up a sketchy little synopsis and sent it somewhere,(via email) too. I'm sure it could use another run-through, but hey...I wanted to get a sense of accomplishment.

For those of you who are curious, MSWORD count on it was just over 76k.

I left the take-over in progress, and a mother dying of cancer--alive, and the grandbaby she wants...only a twinkling plan in the couple's eye. Do endings like that sound good, or bad? Does it annoy you if, say, the take-over doesn't get pulled together, or the dying don't kick it? I went for "the ending with hope."

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 10:57 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

I don't know about annoyed. It honestly depends on the rest of the story and how well put-together it is. The annoyed factor probably comes in about half-and-half.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:18 AM  

You are such a brave soul sending out a book you started two weeks ago. I'm impressed. :)

By Blogger Rinda Elliott, at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------