Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Results are in

I went to the doctor yesterday. His name is Kyle. I like him a lot. He said my blood work looked great. My MRI showed multiple problems--duh. I flipped a 1400 pound horse over on myself ten years ago and haven't been right ever since.

Nothing can be operated on or fixed. I can start pain management injections, and physical therapy or...suffer as I have been doing. Don't ya love the medical community?

He gave me some new medicine for stress relief/pain. It's already making me nauseous. Maybe a side effect will be weight loss. (I'm hoping!)

Good old valium would've done the trick and not made me sick to my stomach. I dunno why they are so stingy with the narcotics and barbiturates. ;)

You know, if we were all stoned all the time, stress wouldn't get to us like it does. There'd be less hate crimes.

All my friends that smoke(d) pot were easy going types. I never did that sort of thing. But now, in my older age, I'm thinking that we should legalize WEED(s?) like marijuana. And veggies like magic mushrooms. And flowers like "the bad kind of" poppies.

Why would they be on this planet if we weren't meant to enjoy 'em?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:05 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

Heh. Good question.

Sorry there's nothing they can really do. That bites.

I can relate to the "stress" stuff. Ugh. I've managed to give myself a crick in my neck and have my back flare up too because of it. (Dryer sheets and ceramic tile floors don't mix. I fell in January '05 and I'm still not totally over it.)

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:12 AM  

Ah, Jen, I'm sorry to hear that. You definitely have my sympathies.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 7:42 AM  

I'm sorry they didn't have better news. I slipped and fell in my mothers pool, knocked out two disks and have to (or should be doing) do exercises to keep them from hurting. Nothing they can do is something I've heard.

Sitting in the chair writing probably doesn't help either, huh?

I'm sorry.

By Blogger Rinda Elliott, at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------