Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lightning Struck!

Lightning struck my modem...I think.
And here's the crappiest part--I had just finished a couple of hours worth of writing that frog prince/kick ass heroine story I promised--and it got lost in cyberspace. I had hit the PUBLISH POST button, and then before it could post, my modem went POP with a big light coming out of it--that could be seen down the hall. I jumped--because the modem is external and sits about three feet from me.

And then no more dsl, no more connection.

So, that's why I haven't posted the last couple of days. I'm using my old dial-up service and a slower internal modem that didn't get fried. Who would have thought it? (My husband, brilliant man that he is, said, "Let's try it." And he hooked up the cables differently. God love him!)

A new dsl compatible modem is on the way.
Just thought I'd explain my latest issue.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 8:04 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

It certainly sounds like lightning was the culprit. If it had been a regular power surge, it would've fried more than just your modem.

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:55 AM  

I wouldn't have wanted to be sitting next to that modem!

It's a good thing that it only wrecked the modem, though.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------