Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, September 08, 2006

Continuing daughter saga

We went. She played. They lost.

Near the end of the first game, which was already in the toilet, they put my daughter on the court. She served one ball. The serve was good, opposing team returned it, superstar on the team made a bad play--side out. Point went to the other team.

Second game, my daughter played a little bit more, made no errors. She was in early, and our team held the opposition pretty well. She left the court when the score was 4-6. In about six seconds (I kid you not) the score was 6-12. When the opposing team had 10-19, they put my daughter back in. We came back. She served a couple good ones. Superstar lost the serve for us again. Chey rotated to the net, had some great blocks and a couple good hits. Score was much, much closer. But we lost.

Hopefully, the coach(es) saw how well she played. She didn't miss one play that she was supposed to make.

Supastar, on the other hand, made so many errors that I had to wonder...why do they think she is the supastar? When you play rally points--where every serve gives a point to one side or another (It ain't the kind of vb I played in school)--you can't afford repeated errors.

Anyhow, I'm glad she played, and played well. Only time will tell how the rest of the season goes. But I sorta put a curse on the coach that she wouldn't win games/matches until my daughter started varsity. We may have a very long, bad season if the chick doesn't come to her senses.

Wait. I should clarify. I didn't do any magic mixing in a pot. No eye of newt or gizzard of lizard or blood of a bat. Where do you buy those things anyway? I'm sure as heck not looking under rocks for lizards or going into caves to skewer a bat. I just said these little nasty things in my head the whole time my daughter wasn't playing. You know, during the three matches prior.

Anyhow, it was a relief that my daughter did well. She was just happy she got to play.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 8:09 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

I guess that's not too bad, then - maybe the coach will notice what's going on.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------