Carys Weldon Blog

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Booksigning Today

I have a book signing today, at the Library Center in Springfield, Missouri from 10-2. My werewolf anthology has not come in--go figure.

So, I'll be hawking some books under my other name. It's probably a good thing--since I don't really want people from my church wandering past my sexy stuff and asking too many questions--like when will I be going to a different house of worship? (You know, some people think sex is dirty.)

I say, "Some dirty sex is good."

And, "Reading about dirty sex doesn't get me dirty." It keeps me from going out and...well, getting dirty. You don't want me to go into that, do you?

My husband will read this and say, "Yes. Tell us...what would you do?"

(Maybe I'll write a fantasy episode for ya detailing what I might do. Would you like that?)

Of course, back to the real life boring stuff...my poetry book and my "other novel" haven't arrived in the mail either. Nor the mystery anthology I have coming out from Hard Shell with another author. Isn't that just great?

BUT you might be happy to know that Vampirubus IS slated for release next Friday, and that several reviewers already have it in hand. So, warm yourself up with the thought that you'll be able to read about little Mary Margaret Kilpatrick (Maggie, a waitress at a 24 hour pancake house) being swept off her feet, sucked on, and all that by two vampires that are very sexy, imo.

I gotta get out and go to the signing. Feel free to swing by.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:56 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

5 Comments:

good luck with your book signing. lol on the church ladies. Hard to know what some people will take offense too but if they don't like it they don't have to read it. I had a woman in a book store bless me out cause I let my 14 read harry Potter. And I didn't even know the woman. Needless to say we had a discussion and she left the store in a hurry. lol

By Blogger Pamk, at 11:32 AM  

How did it go? I hope you did well!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:29 PM  

None of the church ladies showed up, so that was good, I guess.

Better yet, I sold some books. Enough to buy a forty dollar meal (for my husband and me) at Carlos O'kelly's. Fajitas and margaritas ain't cheap these days, ya know?

I had great company, too. Hubby and best female friend, Becky--so it was a very pleasant morning.

Thanks for asking!

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 10:02 AM  

Now that sounds pretty dang good to me. :)

I need to get past my issues and get some stuff out there. I have it finished. It's just... gathering dust. *s*

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:19 AM  

Yes, Jen, you do.
The first big thing for a writer is to finish something. The second is to get over the hurdle of "fear of rejection" and just send it out.

You have to look around and see a bunch of junk being published. You KNOW you're better than that.

But, you gotta mail it out to get it accepted. SO DO IT!

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------