Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bugs in the works

Bugs, worms. Condoms. Er, Trojans, I mean.

My computer has a STD. Sexually transmitted, I'm sure because it has online intercourse/interface with a server that puts its worm inside my sweet little girl.

She is sputtering...(I know, evoking images of just where the worm is being put!)
But, I can assure you, the worm is up her ass, down her throat, and everywhere possible. Every program is glitching. I've seent the blue screen of death more times in the last two days than I can count. And I can go pretty high with that.

I send a curse into the universe for the impotent sob that created the viruses that are crawling through this computer. Tell me, why ON EARTH, do these people apply themselves to causing mayhem to nice people like me? Why aren't they hacking into the credit reporting computers?

I have been dumping files, reloading the system again and again, defragging, scanning for viruses, restarting.

So, SO MUCH FOR A BOOK IN A WEEK. I would have to have a miracle at this point to get something done by Saturday morning.

But, in great news, I have been offered a contract for a collection of my poetry. And this weekend marks the release of an anthology that contains one of my short mystery stories. "Margie's Heart Stopped" is in Echoes of the Ozarks. Cover art to be found at: http://www.jenniferdicamillo.com/

Okay. I'm done bragging and complaining for the moment. Gonna restart word and see if it will load THIS TIME. Wish me luck.
And put up a prayer of thanks that your system has no nightmares or worms.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 9:04 AM :: 8 Comments:

Post a Comment

8 Comments:

Odd little factoid about viruses: Students in computer programming classes have to actually create a virus as one of their assignments. My brother had to do it in high school and in vo-tech.

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:07 AM  

That IS crazy. But cool. I hope he learns it well and hacks in the credit reporting agency and cleans things up for people. Wouldn't that be a great use of that skill? I'd probably commit that felony if I had the no-how--but I can't do much more than open my email and the word program.

Which, by the way, had a corrupted NORMAL.DOT file. I had to rename it. And then word created a new one that was not corrupted. Crazy, huh?

That little fix came after I spent $30 on anti-virus, find the infection and spyware programs. DUH.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 1:58 PM  

hi carys!

boy do i know about viruses! i even had norton AND STILL BLEW MY DRIVE!since i am homebound, i was devasted with no internnet. after i paid for a year of macaffee before getting free yahoo.

hugs

sorry do not remeber my username

linda Bass

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 PM  

i 'll send you virus-wracking voodoo vibes! i am so sorry you're experiencing this, but your outlook on it is just hilarious! i sense a short story in the works there for you ;} My son in law runs a home-operated computer business and actually has The Virus as his desktop pc user name b/c he seems to magnetise them so! I agree, people with that much "genius" could be programming a cure for cancer, world peace, and alien first contact!
Montgomery

By Blogger Montgomery Sword-Author, at 3:41 PM  

Oh you poor girl. How nasty can it be when it stops you from writing.

I wish you well as you get your computer healthy again.

Congrats on the contract.
Good for you
Susan

By Blogger AKASHA, at 4:30 PM  

Congratulations on the contract, and I'm glad you got the virus problem fixed (if I'm reading your above comment correctly?).

I didn't get far enough in computer programming to create a virus.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 9:00 PM  

Yes, I DID get the computer fixed--after a long and frustrating few days. (thanks!)

And Linda...and anyone that forgets their user name--just make up another one. ;)

I love it when you post!

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 8:32 AM  

Sorry for the trouble with the viruses. Anti-virus programs work to a certain extent but the best prevention is not to open suspicious attachments from people you don't know or visit dubious websites. Congrats on the new contract.

By Blogger J, at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------