Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, November 10, 2006

TGIF

My husband and I are so behind on what day it is--last night he asked, "What is this, Monday?"

He couldn't find anything good on tv. Which made me think I should have all my writer's meetings switched to Thursday. There's a couple things I like on Tuesday nights which is when we usually meet. I did enjoy Supernatural. Have you seen that?

I'm a fan of Scrubs, too. That is about the dumbest show...
I'm always looking for a laugh. How about you?

Today, I'm going to work on a new project. I know. I know. I have a million already started. But, I have a challenge set in front of me. I belong to a writer's group called OWL. Ozark Writers League.

An editor from Avalon was supposed to come and speak but she canceled. As a peace offering, she is willing to take OWL member manuscripts and put them on the top of her slush pile. We have to hand carry them to the OWL meeting and hand them in there. They'll be sent in a large package all together.

So, if any of you are aspiring writers and have something that would suit Avalon, or wanna try my trick (of writing a thing specifically for Avalon in the next week)--you could join OWL that Saturday morning--we meet NEXT weekend.

Anybody up for the challenge?

Here's the link to what they want: http://avalonbooks.com/wrtgdl.html

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:03 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Crossing fingers that they like what you submit

By Blogger Pamk, at 7:20 PM  

I think this may be a dream gone bad. I have Wed, Thurs, and Fri. to finish the ms that is standing at 27 pages...(sigh)

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------