Carys Weldon Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Again?

Well, it appears I've set an impossible task--to write a book in a week. So many things have popped up that I have to go to. I'm on page 27 currently...and apparently I need better names for my characters because when I woke up, and was still lying in bed--I couldn't, for the life of me, think of my characters' names. Now, that's bad.

Do you like Jonathon (Jon) and Tricia?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:44 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

5 Comments:

I like Tricia (possibly because I have a cousin with that name, though spelled differently). But Jon seems a bit ... too everyday-ish.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:50 AM  

I like Tricia, too, but "Jon" always looks bad to me without the h. I don't know why. I think the full name would be fine, though.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 2:57 PM  

My husband is a Jonathon (Jon) - so, I personally love that name for a character.

By Blogger ChristyJan, at 6:16 AM  

I asked my writer group this same question and most of them liked Tricia but didn't like Jon, and/or didn't think Jonathon was cool enough for a real hero.

I gave the guy dark auburn hair. And a couple of the women didn't like that, either. What say you? Is dark auburn uncool for a guy?

Help me build this hero. What color hair, and eyes do you suggest I give him? And...got any favorite names for a hero?

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 8:34 AM  

How about Josh or Jordan?

By Blogger J, at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------