Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

New Saying

I got home in the middle of the night. Tomorrow, I will get my newsletter together. Today, I have spent hours going through mail and email. I only have 886 MORE emails to go.

One good thing...I have a collection of poetry accepted for publication. More news on that when the contract is officially signed and sealed. For those who are writers...I dumped my poetry agent and then sent this same ms out, and the first publisher snapped it up. So...don't assume agents are necessarily worth wasting your time on. If an agent can't cough up some lists of who has seen your ms, you can assume they haven't sent it anywhere. As I said before, an editor as a friend is worth ten agents under contract.

The last email I read had this saying, and I think it's a good one, thought you'd appreciate it: Life's a bitch and then it has puppies.

I sorta feel like that's me, and my books are the pups. I need to breed (more?)--where is my husband when I need him?

Wait. I meant, I need to write. Yeah, that's what I meant.
Stay tuned to this blog, and your email, tomorrow, winners will be announced.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 8:01 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Congrats on getting the poetry collection accepted!

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 9:01 AM  

Thanks! I'll keep you updated on the progress/publishing and release dates.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------