Carys Weldon Blog

Monday, December 04, 2006

COLD and KIDS

I'm cold. My house is freezing this morning. And my kids are home from school because that's closed for the day--but my son's alarm has been beeping for an hour--driving me crazy, driving me out of my bed.

Which forced me to check the heat source--and find it is not on--at all. So, I woke up amazingly happy and thrilled to be alive. (ha)

Now, a sensible person would go and turn that alarm off. But I have hounded my son to do it. I've always been a light sleeper, so I don't understand people sleeping through stuff like that. But I know the only way to train them differently is to MAKE them get up to turn it off...which is why it isn't right beside his bed. Because he'd just hit the button and snooze some more.

Are you light sleepers or heavy?

I'm working up to something here...for the whole last month, I've spent all day at the computer, taking care of the crappy part of being a writer--doing final edits and stuff like that. I promised myself I'd write something fun all last week but I never got to it.

Today, however, I swore that I WOULD write myself a sexy, edgy little werewolf thing...that you would love. Or finish the one I started in October. So, I'm putting on the head phones and cranking up some sexy music.

I think I'll start with Panic at the Disco. I dunno what the name of the song is--because my daughter downloaded it...but it's a guy singing to a girl who's cheated on him. Something twisted in me loves this song over and over and over again...because he has this one line that says "we can touch a better fuck", he talks about testosterone boys and harlequin girls, which I totally think could be great names for stories.

Anyhow, I challenge you to find this song and tell me what the name of it is. And the first one that does will get an extra entry into the blog posting contest for December.

So, now I'm gonna go and listen to that nasty little piece and see if I can get some writer mojo going on a story. I'll let ya know how that goes. ;)

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:51 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

I've never heard the song, and I'm glad I haven't, but a quick Google search indicates that it might be "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off."

I'm a heavy sleeper when I'm at home in my own bed (although not so heavy that I'd sleep through my alarm for an hour - my record is about five minutes) and a light sleeper when I'm somewhere unfamiliar.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 9:34 AM  

I think ikkinlala is right about the name of the song. I also did a Google search.

I'm a pretty light sleeper so the sound of that alarm clock would drive me crazy! lol

My house is always too hot. My husband and I argue about what to set the temperature on!

By Blogger Carol M, at 5:24 PM  

I'm a medium sleeper. I don't feel like I'm a heavy sleeper but I know for sure I'm not a light sleeper.

I don't use an alarm clock anymore. I had too many that never went off, so if I ever set one, I wake up every two hours to make sure it isn't past time to get up. Stupid, I know. But I'm just so paranoid about alarm clocks anymore. Besides, I almost always wake up by 7:30 anyway. With a few exceptions.

I don't know how anyone, regardless of light or heavy, could sleep through an alarm for five minutes, much less an hour! That stupid thing would definitely be finding its way OUT a window. lol.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------