Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, December 08, 2006

SF

Do you like science fiction?

I spent all day yesterday writing a 7000 word story about a guy who traveled back in time--to stop Pearl Harbor. Only, he didn't know how he was going to do it.

Sometimes it's fun to write things that seem almost possible but could never really happen.

HEA Happy Ever After endings are like that to me.

All of us want it. But how many people actually live happily ever after--with no worries of needing more money, or cars breaking down, or our significant other cheating? Even if you have enough to cover the bills, and your beater car chugs along, and your spouse/s.o. doesn't stray--we still worry about the what ifs. At least, I do.

Today, I am going to dwell on...what if I could lose the weight I need to get rid of?
I saw a lady on tv yesterday wearing a really pretty evening gown. She was acting silly. (Barbara Jean from Reba) And I thought, I'd love to wear things like that more often...just for fun.

I wonder why I feel like I have to lose weight to wear the clothes I like. At RT, there were large women in some very skimpy outfits...totally enjoying theirselves. I, on the other hand, wore my regular frumpy stuff. He says if we go again, he wants to see me out there in that sort of thing--which may be my incentive for sticking to this diet. I just don't think I can lose enough weight to be that daring by next spring...and I'll probably need some sort of medication to give me the nerve.

It's funny, because I can talk to 500 people. I can run a program, as MC, for, oh, 1000 people and not be nervous. But me...dress like I want to--to go out on the town in the evening?

There's got to be a name for a phobia like that. Anybody know what it is?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 4:35 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

I don't know, but I've got it too.

Although I wouldn't say I could run a program without any problem. The year I had to do the presentation at the awards banquet for OWFI, I was glad to be behind the podium so no one could see my knees shaking!

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:33 AM  

Now I can't get up in front of one person without wanting to through up. lol Not sure about the clothes but could probably pull that off better that speaking in front of a group of people.

By Blogger Pamk, at 5:17 PM  

Thanks for the gift certificate - although I'm not quite sure what contest I won?

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 10:07 PM  

You won the "Carys feels Christmassy" drawing. I just pulled a name from all my newsletter list and you got lucky, babe. How nice is that? Merry Christmas!!

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------