Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Schmunday

I am sitting in a dark house. There is snow still on the ground outside, but a lot of what we got last week has melted.

The only lights I can see are the computer screen and a heater that lights up with orange coils.

I love my private time in the mornings, before other people get up. I love the silence. I love my family but they are noisy. Or, rather, they always want noise going in the background. The tv goes on the minute they're up, or a radio. It drives me crazy.

Okay, I've been crazy for a long time. It's hard to tell what really drove me there.

I'm drinking water, but I'd love to curl up on the couch with a book and a hot cup of cocoa with some mini marshmallows in it, and maybe some buttered toast for dipping.

But, alas, my 15 yr old son decided to sleep on the couch last night, and that is not on the diet.

I have not lost any weight in a month+ despite the fact that I have been faithful--not eating anything with sugar, or flour. No potatoes or pasta. No sodas. Only meat, some cheese, and salads.

Tell me how that works.
Okay, I DID have Thanksgiving. But even everything that day was made with splenda and I only had modest servings of potatoes and gravy and dressing. And three small rolls. So, I didn't go hog wild all day. (I'm planning to on Christmas. I mean, geez. What's the point?)

One day in six weeks.
Now, I look on the internet and see that my depression medicine may be sending my brain wrong signals as far as the diet goes.

That's what I need...my medicine telling my brain "Don't believe it, we're not going to let her lose weight no matter what she does." Now, if that isn't depressing. ;)

I gained weight the last time I starved for three weeks. Okay, I called it fasting because I prayed a lot. Same difference. Only drank water. 21 days later, I had gained 2-3 pounds.

So, my body makes no sense.

I don't know what it is...but I am twice more depressed this time of year. Got any pick me ups? Should I stop looking in the mirror? Should I stop caring? Should I...do something else? Taking all suggestions. What do you do to get out of depressions, weight funks, holiday humbugs...any or all of the above?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 4:28 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

WEight funks are so hard to get out of. Sorry, I really don't have any tips, but I can definitely commiserate.

The only thing I can really say is DO NOT stop caring. I don't think you'd be the same wonderful person you are if you did that.

This time of year is always more depressing for me too, but for a different reason. It's so family-centered. If you're single with no possible prospects in sight, you can pretty much forget about being included in anything unless someone invites you along then you just spend all evening feeling like a third wheel.

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:24 PM  

Well I know from where I was dieting and exercising I would gain weight a few times but my clothes fit better. I found that muscle weighs more that fat so even though the scale said one thing my clothes said another. Does that make you feel better

By Blogger Pamk, at 5:49 PM  

Thanks for understanding.
*hugs*
~Carys

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------