Carys Weldon Blog

Monday, February 05, 2007

Updates on 2 or 3 things

For those following the stalking saga, tux boy won the homecoming crown for king--then didn't stay for the dance. Didn't even dance once with my daughter. Seems crazy to rent a tux to walk through the gym before the big game, stand on the stage for a few pictures, and then call it good for the night, huh? I guess she was more than fine with not having to dance with him.

But, get this, what a weird school. Nobody asked her to dance. She did not dance once. What kind of world is it when the Homecoming Queen doesn't dance at the homecoming dance? And where the king doesn't even to go to the dance? One of the queen candidates skipped out of the whole dance, too, in favor of going to see a movie.

I guess stalker boy muttered the whole time the crowning was going on. (Heard that from the movie going runnerup.)

Did I tell you that stalker boy went to the principal last Friday to complain about the fact that everybody was supposedly calling him psycho boy? He had my daughter called in. BUT the minute she got there, his first question was, "Why don't you return my phone calls?"

The principal said, "Wait a minute. I thought this was about--"

The kid said, "It is, but it all started because she didn't return my phone calls."

The girl responds, "I was BUSY. I was in the middle of a basketball tournament. I told you that before when you FIRST called."

"You could have answered the rest of the times."

(Principal) "Honestly, when I call a girl and she doesn't answer--repeatedly--I get the hint she's not interested."

So, then stalker boy gets really sad and says, "My parents are getting a divorce."

(Daughter) "And so you get weird with me? Why am I here? I was honest. I told you on the first call that I was busy."

"Too busy for YOU." (principal) "Figure it out, kid."

"I'm missing class because he wants me to answer his calls?"

"I am NOT stalking you." (Guess everybody's saying that to him.)

"No. You changed all your classes to mine, wait outside my basketball practices, call me repeatedly AND even get me called into the principal's office so we can talk. I'm outta here. You can call it what you want but I say it is totally annoying now."

"I just want it to be over," he says.

"Oh. It was over the day you switched your classes. Completely over two weeks ago, in my book."

When she came home to tell me about this little meeting, I thought she handled it pretty well. I said, "Hey. Did you tell him that your parents have trouble all the time? We're either deeply in love or talking about divorce."

She said, "That's why I asked him why he got weird with me. I don't get weird with people because you two are nuts, or fighting, or incredibly annoying."

(Kissing is annoying, you know.) I asked my husband how it felt to be put right up there with a stalker. He shrugged. (Because he follows me around all the time and whines if I don't return his phone calls, and waits outside MY meetings. I don't think he's got a problem with it. LOL)

***
Other updates:
--There's still snow on the ground here in Missouri. Temps are low around 20 or something. (Ick)

--Candy's Kisses and Levi's Jeans is coming along really great. I have it up to 65,000 words. I went through a complete edit yesterday and added another 30 pages, so it's up to about 265 manuscript pages now. That's all good.

I have only one problem with the story. This cowboy who has been nearly mute for ten years (his family got killed by a drunk driver), used to fight all the time, but hasn't in years, now has something to fight for. He's popped three or four men in one day of storyline. I think it's a bit much BUT the story is based on the fact that they've fallen in love and know it's right from the get-go. (Happens so far in only 24 hours.) They don't sleep much--hehehe.

One of my favorite thoughts about men is that they should defend what's theirs. Sorry. I'm a chauvinistic type. I like men to be men in the John Wayne sense of that phrase. I also like them to take out the trash and bring home the bacon. BUT I'm okay if they wanna fry it up in a pan and serve it to me on a platter, too. ;) In bed is a nice touch, also.

Anyhow, in this book, the men all deserve to get knocked upside the head. Except maybe Danny. But Danny's the hero in the next book, and he kisses Candy purposefully to get Levi's reaction. To prove the point that Levi's definitely feeling proprietarial.

I think you'll fall in love with Levi AND Danny. So, it won't be hard to make yourself hunt for the sequel which is Danny's story. I've already got that one started, too. It starts with a seriously funny Texas Barbie Princess wedding where the maid of honor has pass-out anxiety attacks in churches, and whenever wedding talk comes up (because she was dumped at the altar.) That's the heroine of the piece.

Okay. What I think is seriously funny and what others might, who knows? I chuckle through it repeatedly and so did my (anti-romance) writer's group. You'll be seeing excerpts of that pretty soon, I expect.

Question for the day, do you like men who think your honor, and you, are worth fighting for? Or, do you think men should grow up and knock that crap off?

I'm wishy washy. Some days I'm one way. Other days, I go the other way.
No sexual pun intended here.
HEY! Whatever you're thinking, quit it. ;)

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:26 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

I have to agree with you about being wishy-washy. Some days I think it would be great. And then some days I can damn well take care of myself, thankyouverymuch! lol

I read your wordcount and though, dang, and here I'm excited about being up to 9,000 words on "Phillip's Curse" (set in 500 AD Ireland)? But... I've just been going on this since last Saturday morning. (Not this Saturday, the one before.) So that's still pretty good. :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:32 AM  

If I am in trouble really then I like him standing up for me. But if I am handling it then no.

By Blogger Pamk, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------