Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

2 or 3 things

First, for those looking at where to go this spring--today I am (finally) gonna look at the Oklahoma Writing Conference Inc (http://www.owfi.org/ ) website/contests to see if I can pull some together before the Thursday deadline. I'll let ya know how that goes.

Second, have you seen Tristan and Isolde, the movie? I haven't but oh holy heavens, have you seen the trailer? Or website?

Check 'em out:
http://www.tristanandisoldemovie.com/

http://www.timelessmyths.com/arthurian/tristan.html#RealTristan

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:19 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

I have my things ready to go, pretty much. I'm hoping I can get "Phillip" ready to go between now and noon Thursday. I've got to come up with a better title though. That one is obviously a working title. lol. Named after the main character. I started it Saturday morning and already have over 5,000 words on it. That's a record for me. :)

I had thought I wouldn't be going to the conference this year since I'll be in Eureka Springs all of June, but Mom & Dad decided it's stupid not to go as much as I enjoy it and they're paying for me to go. lol. Wow. Surprised me!

I'm stalling. I've got to get busy. Too bad it's on transcription.

Thanks for your tips on editing in the e-mail yesterday. I've tightened it more and have just a few hundred more to look at. *s*

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:20 AM  

I'm not going this year. My friends fell over with shock when I told them. We started a new business and since I need to go to the RWA conference, I can't see going to OWFI. I need to put my money toward something that will help my career and unfortunately, I didn't see any agents, editors or speakers that would do that this year.

I know this one guy who will be really bummed. He told me last year that his goal was to not be right behind me in the Sci-fi/horror category in 2007. (g)

By Blogger Rinda Elliott, at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------