Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Bleck

You know I don't have enough drama in my life. Right?

Here in Missouri, we had the ice storm a week or so ago. It made the national weather channel and everything. Still have friends without power.

We had a new snow storm come in yesterday. And, you probably guessed it, but my husband is not working and my kids are not in school.

Let me chalk up some points for my husband. Two days ago, I decided to get serious about going to OWFI. (http://www.owfi.org )There is an editor for TOR going there that I'd like to meet and I already know Philip Martin and am looking forward to seeing him and other old friends again. You can read speaker bios on the website if you're interested. I was disappointed that Rinda won't be there this year. (Still pouting sad over that.)

What was I getting to? Oh, yeah. Drama in my life.
Racing up to the post office last night, in a blizzard, so I can get my contest entries dated January 31. Oh, no. It is still January 31, before 11 p.m. but for some reason on CONTEST DEADLINE NIGHT the USPS machines have turned the date over early. Stupid flunky says "Might be because it's done on the east coast or something."

(Pardon my french but BULLSHIT.) So, they were in the box before midnight on Jan. 31 but he dated them Feb. 1st. SIGH.

And if that isn't enough, we've spent the last two weeks with the water pipes that are insulated (all to hell!) popping like crazy. My husband has been under the place more times than I can count.

But it gets MORE fun...here's where the bleck part comes in. My sewage line is frozen or something. Things stopped flushing when the temperature went down to 20 yesterday afternoon. The washer load went through its cycle and backed that water up into the bathtub. One of the kids flushed the toilet and it overflowed.

So, the floor in there is covered with wet towels. The rugs are sopping. We can't flush. My husband has to get up and mess with that--probably pop the line apart first thing today.

And I'm supposed to go to the doctor (Fibromyalgia thing)--but can't wash my hair. Look at my picture. TOO much hair not to wash at least every other day, and I dunno about you, but the minute you say I can't do that, I want it so bad I wanna stomp my feet and throw a brat kid fit. That HAS to be fixed asap.

And I'm bad. I don't care if the water is backed up into the tub. I won't flush the toilet (ick!) but I am damn sure washing my hands (on principle even if they don't get--you know) and I brushed my teeth, too. I canNOT go without those small things.

I'm a half inch from being out of my hand sanitizer too. It's like the world is conspiring against me. ;)

What would be really nice for me is if you whined about something now so I'm not at this little pity party by myself. Or, if the world is wonderful at your house, and you can flush and wash your hair or whatever, brag. Just talk to me.

Drawings will be done today probably and posted tomorrow. I don't think I'll get the newsletter out tonight. Too much going on around here.

Add things up with me: hubby likely to be grouchy for having to play in sewage and plunge gross toilet. Nasty weather means I'm gonna make him drive me up to Springfield for that appt--after he's messed in the sewage all morning. Think he'll be able to get it done and wash properly? Not enough time probably for more than a quick wash in a bathtub standing in icy water. The world is not at its most pleasant in Missouri today.

And, on top of that, I'm still on my stupid diet so I can't even have a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows and toast to cheer me up.

So, uh, what are you doing?

Tell me the world is wonderful in your neck of the woods. If a woods has a neck, then it must have other body parts and I think my hollow is in the bowels or anus. (Just thinking out loud here.)

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:35 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

Relax on the contest stuff. You're safe. Postmark deadline is today. As long as it's postmarked on or before Feb. 1, it's good to go.

I got a call from one of the category chairs today about my essay entry. After checking EVERYTHING so many times I can't begin to count, I had left my freakin' last name on the page headings! If that's my only screw-up for the contest, I'm good.

This morning, our electricity went off again. Thank goodness it was only out for 30-45 minutes. With all the bullshit going on in Mom's office between two particular idiots (my brother-in-law and a supposed-friend of ours -- hella long story!), I did NOT want to go there. I lucked out. And have actually been able to get work done today.

And it's still snowing here.

Here's hoping stuff clears up for you ASAP!

By Blogger Unknown, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------