Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Jon Bon Jovi

Do you remember the song by Jon Bon Jovi "I'll be there for you,"?

I started my morning with that. Gotta love the fact that the man looks good STILL. I wish I'd aged as well.

Did I tell you that I once rode in an elevator with him? At the Sheraton Hilton in Hollywood. I was there as chaperone for my sister in a national beauty pageant. At the time, I was married and (barely) pregnant with my third daughter. Too caught up in my life to be up on things like the latest teen idol.

It's pretty funny. He stepped in, eyed me with a grin and "Hi." I SPARED him a smile. He was very good looking but I was in my own little world, missing my husband, and two little girls. We rode down several floors together alone and he kept glancing my way like he was expecting me to do something...which I didn't because I had no idea who he was, or that he'd be at the hotel. I don't know why, but it never occurred to me that I should be looking for celebrities at the Hollywood Hilton.

Anyhow, we got to the bottom and he gave me one of those, "I can't believe you're not talking to me" sort of looks. (I was very cute back then, if looking at my daughters and pictures are anything to go by. Anorexic.)

He gestured for me to step out, "After you." Real sexy in his Jon Bon Jovi voice that made me think, suddenly, "Wait. Where have I heard his voice before?"

Sorry. I was preoccupied.

I stepped out and he was right behind me. Right? A hundred little girls in the foyer screamed as I walked away from him. I did one of those stupid double takes with a swiveling head. And he was smiling big at me--like keep on walking away, I like the view.

It's funny the moments you remember, huh? So, later, we're at a banquet luncheon thing and they confirm that yes, Jon Bon Jovi is in the hotel, as some of the girls already knew. Some at our table said they'd rip off their shirts for him if he showed. It went round the table "What would you do?"

I was thinking, "OH yeah! That's who that guy was."

But, trying to be mature, as a chaperone, I said, "Hm. I rode down the elevator with him. I don't see what the big deal was."

Then I got the third degree, but what was there to say? "I'm a total retard?"
(And please, don't flame me for that term. I grew up in the 70's and write friggin' erotica. I am NOT politically correct. I DO love people of all types, though, and would not intentionally insult or offend the handicapped.)

I grew up in an age before the term ANGER MANAGEMENT was coined. We regularly threatened to kill our siblings and best friends. And often that preceeded the yard-ape dog pile and wrestling move that ripped ear rings out or ended up in rolling crocodile style. We worked things out by Darwin's method. Fittest and toughest gave the other an attitude adjustment. The world worked pretty well for us.

It wasn't until the stupid and weakest decided to go get equalizers and make their nerdy little "I'm gonna kill you's" real that we started having trouble. You know, one of the reasons I like to write things like werewolves is because people can act on that sort of emotion and it's acceptable. Someone threatens someone else in a "were" book and the person receiving the threat says "Bring it on. We'll see if your shit's half as tough as you think it is." I'm really just reverting to my childhood and exaggerating.

Okay. Now it's your turn. Got any celebrity stories you wanna tell? Or a tale of growing up that goes with brawling and bruising? Thoughts about werewolves? See? I'm leaving the comments wide open today.

Oh, hey. Did you notice I posted three times yesterday? Better check those out. I'm all Aerosmith baby. "You don't wanna miss a thing." Ya know? (Especially contest winners.)

If you didn't receive the newsletter, email me and I'll resend. I sent that out yesterday.
It snowed here last night, is freezing cold outside, and my chair is broken. (Because I don't have enough to complain about?) The chair won't pump up to the high level...which is totally crappy to me. You know I have back problems. This makes my sciatica pinch and send pains into my left leg. SIGH. Gotta get a new chair soon as I get rich.

I'm one W-2 away from getting a tax refund. ;) Never look forward to taxes, usually. Just another one of those things I dread. Anyhow, gonna get busy with email and hopefully writing.

Hey. Our power went out and the clock is now an hour ahead. (Don't know how that worked, so don't ask, k?) I've been getting up an hour earlier. I guess my mind rolls over and my eyes open and squint at that clock and then even though my brain says, "Hour. We have an hour more than that lying clock says." But my bladder says, "Oh, heck, no. We're getting up now." And then, of course, who can argue with a bladder?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:34 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

3 Comments:

lol that is cool. I've only run into Mark Hamill the guy who played Luke skywalker in the first star wars trilogy. He filmed the night the lights went out in GA in our hometowm. Darn it I wished I'd met the other guy now. He was much sexier. Can't think of his name off the top of my head.

By Blogger Pamk, at 8:23 AM  

Pamk, The other guy was Dennis Quaid.

Carys,

When I was in New York City, (I was in theatre during my corrupted youth) I met several celebrities; Kevin Cline, Mathew Brodderick,Rex Harrison, Katherine Hepburn, F. Murray Abraham, Raul Julia, Phobe Cates, the list is much too long.

At a post production party one night one of my friends stood in a corner absorbed in conversation with a rougishly attractive blond man I thought looked vauguely familar. But I couldn't quite place him.

I was preoccupied visiting with Ellen Green.

On our way back to our hotel I asked my friend, "Who was that fellow you were talking too all evening?"

With a mischievious, you should have come joined in the conversation, look in his eyes he replied, "David Bowie."

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 AM  

Vickey, you name dropper! I think you have had such a cool past. Katherine Hepburn, even. Wow. I am impressed.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------