Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good intentions and all that--CONTEST WINNER!!

I had many plans of removing my whole blog, backing the last two year's posts up, and restarting with a fresh feel...but I've gotten sidetracked.

Too much going on, I guess. But I don't want to lose any of you.

Chris won the drawing I promised. (LRobe) You know, the one with all the blog posters in it for March. Please email me at jennifer248@centurytel.net and I'll give you your options for gift certificates.

I gotta be honest, I was surprised Bernie, Kay or Jenn didn't get it since they post more than anybody else. I mean, you'd think the odds are for them. But random drawings are just that, random. Congrats, Chris! Better luck next time to the rest of you.

How about we do another blog posting contest? This time, I'll send draw 9 winners, and each one will get one of my Amazon shorts, my choice. Want to see what else I write, folks? Here's your chance. Just post on the blog and you'll be put in the drawing, once for each post. Ready? Set? GO! (To the end of April.)

IN WEATHER NEWS...
Did you notice the splash of storms across Texas and the midwest, sliding up through Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri? My road is virtually impassable at the moment. My son had to stay home from school (AGAIN!) because the bus couldn't brave the small river running through the hollow and if a bus can't do it, my Impala sure as heck isn't gonna try it. It's pretty incredible to see the road completely washed out with 4 ft deep ruts. I keep wondering if I should break down, get some money together, and try pouring some concrete on the weak spots. The neighbors did, and they've at least kept access into their driveway from washing away. Crazy world, Missouri. Ya just don't see that very often. I wish I knew how to post pics on this thing. (I have to pay my web people any time I post a cover or humorous stuff that inclues a picture.)

DREAM ACCOUNT: I'm gonna deposit a hundred thousand dollars into my dream account today, and then I'm going to spend it all on some seriously awesome vacation for my whole family. That is...if the kids will come. But where? What would be so cool they couldn't turn it down? How about a cruise of the Bahamas? With stops at all the best places.

I'm picturing it now, me, my husband, my son, and all of my girls, and Miranda's husband, Matt, of course. One white skinned bunch playing lobster on a whiter beach. Snorkeling. Drinking Mai Tai's. (Okay, I don't even know what's in one. But it goes with the fantasy.)

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:55 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------