Carys Weldon Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lightscribe

I have this new lightscribe dvd that's supposed to etch a picture on the top of the cd. I've been messing with it for an hour or two now trying to figure out how to make it work. Why can't things have the old fashioned buttons that simply say PLAY, STOP, PAUSE, EJECT, FF, and REWIND?

I hate it when electronics are smarter than I am.
Okay, I really think I could figure out anything given enough time...but the point is...it annoys me when something that's supposed to be plug and play turns out to be a pain in the ass to get working.

Is it just me?

Don't have time to chat here because I'm messing with it, hoping to give out some fancy cool cd's to you friends going to RT and NETWO and OWFI. Wish me luck and you'll get something neat. ;) That is, if I can get it to do its dealy-bob.

In the dream account, I've got to put the $101k into that south of the border getaway house I dreamed of yesterday. Gotta make it fancy schmancy. New paint, furniture, etc. Just a modest remodel to make sure it gets the dishwasher and washer and dryer and a/c. Who wants to live without those?

What would you do if you suddenly had $101k?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 3:41 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

O.K., now I'm definitely coming south of the border with you. My money is going with yours so you can do the villa however you want. I still want a pool, don't like saltwater pools, and we need a pool/yard man. Now he won't have lots to do to the yard or pool so your mission will be to think up others chores for him.
I bet Brenda will put her money with ours..we can make it modest but with supreme class..or whatever floats your boat because you came up with the idea. I can picture us now..laughing like there are no problems in the world. Then we can go wherever and read what catches our fancy. Wow! What a day and place for a daydream. Especially since today is gray, windy, misting, etc. You get the picture. April in Illinois.
Anybody taking serious warm clothes to R.T.? I can't decide what to take..not that I'm going to be outside but we will have travel from Chicago to Pittsburgh and back. Wish we could beam up..wouldn't that be nifty.
I really need to get my act together and figure out what I'm taking. I don't want too much because it's hard to get books and freebies home. Can't wait to see what's in the book room!
All for now..just checking in. Good luck trying to get whatever you're doing to work. From that you can tell, I don't have a clue.
See you Tuesday. Enjoy the weekend, even if where you live isn't sunny and warm. Hugs, Kay

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:51 PM  

I hope that you got your lightscribe to work.

I can hardly wait to see you. I still have packing to do. I started and found out that the closet was back to shrinking the clothes again. I wish I could figure out how it does it. I decided to bring a light jacket instead of a winter coat and one or two long sleeve shirts. I might be sorry. It will be cold in chicago. Kay and I are going to Plainfield tommorrow to my sister in law's house and spend the night. We are going to leave Kay's car there. And they will take us to Midway on tuesday. Our room number should be 540 unless they change it. We needed a lower floor for Kay. She sure doesn't like elevators. We land around 12:30. I hope you aren't flying American Airlines. We are flying southwest.
So i don't think there should be any problems.

Yes, you can have my money for the house. I will find the pool/yard man for us..I think we will need a cook and maid also. We won't have time for any kind of work. Just drinking, reading, and having fun.

I started taking antibiotics yesterday. My nose,throat, and ears were hurting my. I am much better today. I had to go to Wal-mart and get monostat, I always get an yeast infection anytime I take antibiotics. So I think I will be ready for the trip.

See ya in Pittsburgh!

By Blogger Brenda, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------