Carys Weldon Blog

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Cyber attacks on U.S. (contest!) Win a $10 gift certificate!

This posting holds details for a contest to win a $10 gift certificate.

But first, the nitty gritty of today's headlines. How many times do I need to say "Heads up, friends. Let's hope Obama's" chats are making some real progress for US.

It appears a little like...while the cat's away, the mouse has come out to play. Or attack. Not that the president is the actual gatekeeper on U.S. computers.

Have you seen this? http://apnews.myway.com//article/20090708/D99A8SB80.html
It's an article detailing the high number of cyber attacks and cracks made to U.S. security over our Independence Holiday.

Like I've said before, I don't want to be a doomsayer. I want to be an ostrich with my head in the sand, but for some reason, I can't look away. I can't close my eyes.

And I can't be secure in my own little happy corner of the Ozarks when I know the likes of communists on the other side of the world have somehow infiltrated the sanctuary of the U.S.--and I do believe my country is the safest sort of sanctuary from terrorists because we fight the fight on the other side of the world.

What disturbs me most is the trend for terrorists to come over into OUR playground.

Honestly, this isn't really a surprise. Is it?

Clear back when I was young, and Disney put out that movie WAR GAMES, I think the seed was planted. Or maybe before that in a Star Trek or Twilight Zone episode, it was precursed. If so, can you point us to the episode(s)? (Contest opportunity #1: email me with your answers. I'll do a drawing from those who participate.)

In that movie Hackers with Angelina Jolie, we saw a warning.

Before 9/11, we had so many "Look what we can do!'s" And then, when our perimeter bases had been stepped down (thanks Clinton), we were vulnerable enough to take a hit, a really big hit that rumbled the streets around the world.

I don't really want to get into a political bashing here. I just can't help but point out some of the obvious reasons we have taken hits in the last ten years. I know a lot of people want to blame things on GW Bush but the writing went on the wall during the Clinton administration. We were totally set up. Clinton fully expected it, too. That's one of his reasons for bringing in the U.N. peace keeping troops. I know I've said this before, but think, people. Who are these troops meant to control?

With things like the lockdown in China, and N. Korea's little froggy nukey finger itching to play in the big kid's game, we MUST send up prayers or meditation or whatever you personally do. I don't want people to get all crazy in paranoia. After all, what can you do?

Well, you can stay cool, calm and collected, and get your affairs in order. (No. Just kidding. Keep your affairs in chaos.)

I truly believe that there is a higher power that listens when people come together for a common cause and ask for help that can make a difference. So, pray for Obama, and all our politicians, that they will be clear headed and have the best interests for our citizens, and the whole world, upper most in their mind as they make choices in governing our nation.

Stop complaining about the war and start praising the efforts for peace. And do something to commend a hero. Look around, there are soldiers coming home every day. There are welcoming committees forming to welcome them as they arrive at local airports. Find one in your area. Throw some cookies or something, maybe a card of appreciation or balloons in for the soldier and his family. It's a little thing to do considering our troops are putting theirselves on the literal chopping block during daily active duty...and all so we can go shopping at the mall today, and buy groceries without ration stamps.

I say, Thank God God blesses America. As we feed the world and bring peace to its corners, we will be blessed. I'm grateful to have so much. Not that I have a lot. But I like the choice to go to church when I want. I like knowing that, for the most part, if my kids are in school or college, they're generally pretty safe.

Contest opportunity #2: Post anything you do/have done to show support for our troops. If you donated something that was sent, cool. If you collect items and make sure they get sent, sweet. If you write soldiers, someone you know or for "any soldier", awesome. If you can find a place where e-cards can be sent, let us know. Or, if you found a story about someone sending something to the troops that really was worth talking about, give us the link. Participators will get their name in a HEROES drawing.

Labels: , , ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:03 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------