Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tease 1

Angela's alarm went off and true to form, her boyfriend, Greg, never even rolled over or groaned.

She got up, and padded to the bathroom, pulling the long t-shirt she slept in over her head as she went. Without a thought, she dropped it to the floor.

Her breasts were tender, so she touched them, grasped one in each hand and squeezed.

"Mm."

She looked down at them, wishing they were perfect headlights all the time--not just when she had them in hand. Or when Greg cupped them.

Sighing, Angela let go and turned on the shower, then stepped in. Greg had been acting funny lately: not talking much, not touching her half as much as she wanted. And he'd been staying out late. She hated the insecure feeling all that gave her. Was he cheating on her? Thinking of leaving?

She felt a little sick. She'd been wanting to take it to the next level. And, indeed, their lovemaking had. But how to tell him that she was pregnant, and that was what prompted her need to nest, to make things permanent?

Groaning over her own stupidity--for not using more than one form of birth control--she leaned her head against the wall of the shower and let the vibrating pulse of the water help her soothe her tension. What was she going to do?

He took her by surprise. The curtain came open in one fluid motion and Greg smiled, "Mind if I join you?"

Angela quickly put her fingers to her eyes. Yes, tears had come. She hoped he wouldn't notice. "Sure. Mi shower is your shower."

Greg crowded her right off. He reached around her and readjusted the shower head. She felt pushed into the corner where all she got was splash off his chest. But, she didn't say anything. She just watched him.

He reached out, got some liquid soap and scrubbed up his chest, watching her the whole time. "You should've slapped me on the ass or something, told me you were coming in here."

"The alarm went off. I figured, if you weren't up by the time I was out, I'd do that."

Without warning, he reached out and pulled her up into his soapy embrace, "Is that what you figured?"

Here's a surprise. He'd brushed his teeth. She could smell the mint. Had she been that out of it in her little moment of depression? Had he come into the bathroom and...oh, what did it matter?

She stuttered, "Yeah. I think about smacking your butt all the time. I thought you knew."

He laughed and asked, "Did you think about this?"

Greg pushed her up against the wall and kissed her...deep, wet and probing with his tongue. He had her breathless in seconds. And she noticed right off that he had an erection pressed into her belly. She liked the fact that he was almost always ready to go like that.

He scooped and lifted her--and she gloried a little in his upper body strength. The guy really had some things going on. And she loved being with him.

What would she do when he dumped her? The stupid, niggling doubt crept into her brain. She hated the thought and kissed him all the harder.

Greg pulled up and said, "Hey," putting a hand to her cheek, and a thumb under her chin. He made her look him in the eye. There was a soul searching for a minute and then he smiled--one of those concerned things that made her feel awfully self-conscious.

"You're beautiful, you know that?"

It surprised her. He told her that pretty often but most of the time she felt like it was just lip service, something to make her happy. But there in the shower it felt honest.

"You are too," she said, meaning it.

He was. In every way pretty much.

They would have a beautiful baby together.

She cursed the thought as it blipped through her brain. He'd hate her if he knew. Wouldn't he? Would he leave her? Or worse, stick around only for the baby's sake? Would he feel trapped? Already, she felt like she'd trapped herself.

Greg lifted his face to the shower spray and she thought...he is so handsome.

"God," he said. "We gotta talk."


There it was. He must've sensed something, she thought, and is gonna get out while the getting's good. Lay it out while we're all naked. She decided right there that she wouldn't tell him, not if he was breaking up with her. She'd let him move out and then give him the news. He could be part of the baby's life if he wanted, but not obligated to her. Or to the kid.

He put his nose to her cheek and said, "Angela, life is hard. Relationships take a lot of work."

Here it comes, she thought. Does he think I don't know all this?

His lips found her jawline, pressed once. "I don't know how to go about doing this."

"Just say it," she sighed.

His fingers slid down her arms and took her wrists. Something scratched her palm. Did he have a hangnail? She looked down. On his pinky finger was a ring. A girly ring. An engagement ring.

He didn't move. His lips were at her ear. He said, "Marry me. Be naked with me forever."

"What?" She couldn't think. She couldn't breathe. Was he...really proposing?

"It doesn't get any more vulnerable than this, Ang. I'm naked, got an erection for you, and begging you to marry me."

She closed her eyes. Was she dreaming? Should she tell him now, about the mistake, er, baby?

No. She needed to savor the moment. She turned her mouth toward his and kissed him, open like, plunging her tongue. It was a hungry thing. And he made love to her in the shower with a desperation. They didn't talk.

But when it was over, and he was still inside her, holding her--her legs wrapped around his body, her arms around his neck, he said, "Let me hold you until we both die."

She sort of laughed at that. "I think I just did." And went to heaven. "I wasn't expecting a proposal."

"Look. I know things have been...stiff between us lately, and I don't know what I did wrong. I only know I want to be with you forever. I want you to have my kids. I want to grow old with you, and die with you in my arms."

She didn't know what to say. She stared at him, not believing her ears.

"Tell me what you're thinking."

"I'm thinking I'm surprised. " Honestly, she blurted, "When you didn't come home on time--a lot lately...."

"I was out looking for the ring."

"Oh."

He lifted her hand and rolled his pinky--with the ring--over hers so she could see it. "Do you like it?"

It wasn't the biggest diamond on the planet, but it was beautiful to her.

"Yeah."

"I thought about buying you the most expensive one in the store, but we'd be in hock until our kids had kids. This one...it's simple, like the way I feel about you. Honest. A good rock." He grinned. "And that's what I wanna build our relationship on. A hard rock foundation. Trust--"

She made a face. She hadn't been trusting him much lately.

"Honesty. No secrets between us, ever."

Angela winced again. He'd probably count the baby secret as a breach of that. Wouldn't he?

"What's wrong?"

"Um. Nothing."

The water began to run colder and she hadn't even washed her hair, or anything. He backed up, rinsed the soap off his chest and sudsed up real quick. She, too, washed her hair fast. He stepped out. She rinsed in ice water. But when she got out, he was there, holding a towel out for her.

Angela hesitated. "What's this?"

"Service with a smile." The ring glinted--still on his pinky finger.

"Oh. Okay," she said. And he toweled her down, patting her breasts first. It was a generic treatment...until he dropped to a knee and gave attention to the juncture between her thighs...then kissed her there.

"Hey," she said, unable to stop the giggle that rose up her throat.

"Just paying homage to the golden box."

"Yeah, right."

"I'm serious. That's where I put the best piece of equipment I have."

"So, it sounds like a garage now."

"The product of the family jewels goes in there."

"Right."

He was nuts, she thought.

Greg put his arms around her, hugged her, resting his cheek to her belly and asked, "Will you marry me and have my baby?"

"Whoa. You're getting ahead of yourself, aren't you?"

He looked up, held the ring out and asked again, "Will you marry me, Angela?"

"You're serious?"

"Yeah," he said. "Damn serious."

"You want kids?"

"Yeah."

"You never said that before. I didn't think you wanted them."

"You never brought them up. Figured it was about time. I want you to know, I'm looking for the whole picture." He frowned. "My knee's giving out. Why are you stalling? Is the prospect of living with me, and having my kids that bad or what?"

"No, it's just--"

He let go, got up, took her hand and placed the ring in her palm. "Angela, I have no doubts who I want to grow old with. You think about it and get back to me."

He left her standing in the bathroom. And she watched his sexy backside leave without a word.

He disappeared around the corner and she looked down at the ring. How could she say yes, and then admit she'd known she was pregnant for two weeks? Palming the ring, she wrapped a towel around her, and tucked the corner then went after him.

A fast dresser, he already had clothes on for the day and was sitting on the bed, getting ready to pull socks on. He glanced up. "If you're going to say no, could you wait until later? I'd rather live a day with hope than know it's screwed up front."

She went and sat on the bed beside him. "Do you honestly think I'd say no?"

He shrugged. "You've been...odd lately."

"Is that why you're doing this?" He turned to her, took her hands in his and said, "Angela, what do I have to do to get through to you? I love you. I want to make you happy."

She blurted, "I'm pregnant."

"And...what? It's not mine?"

She let out a half laugh. "No."

"It's not? Wow. I wasn't expecting that."

"No. I mean, it is yours. I just didn't want you to feel trapped."

"I feel trapped right now," he admitted. "Because I can't breathe and you won't give me a straight answer." "Greg, I love you. I just don't want--" "Good sex? A man who loves you with all his heart? His kids? What?"

"I feel bad that I didn't tell you."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He frowned again. "Wait. Did you say you're pregnant?"

"Yeah."

He put a hand up by his temple and said, "Because it took a little time for that to sink in." He pulled her into his arms and said, "Angela, you love me, you're having my baby--get over yourself. Say yes."

"You're being pushy."

"You're being stubborn."

He pushed her back onto the bed and peeled her towel--though she fought it. "I guess I'll have to work on convincing you."

"Wait!! You have to go to work!"

"Fuck work."

"And me too," she giggled, as he dove at her breasts.

n seconds, he had the laved both nipples and slid lower, kissing a trail all the way down. That's about the time she realized she had the ring pressed into her palm. She held it up and put it on, then admired it.

From between her legs, he looked up and asked, "What's it take to get you to say yes?"

"Oh, you're into persuasion methods now?" She waggled the ring hand at him, "Just keep up what you're doing. I'll tell you when you hit the yes button."

He laughed, "Honey, if I can't tell when I hit the yes button, we're both fucked."

And then he proceeded to look for it...with his tongue.

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:51 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------