Carys Weldon Blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Announcement!

HOOD is out. It's available in e-format and as the last novella in the print copy of the Wanton Werewolf Anthology 1. I think I've already announced that.

But...this is sort of funny...I just realized where I came up with the name of that heroine--Giselle.

I was emailing back and forth with Giselle Hirtenfeld/Goldfeder--Romantic Times BOOKreviews--and said, "Hey, I have a heroine by the same name."

DUH. There's a blonde moment. I've seen her name on things for ages and just put the two and two together on my inspiration.

The point is...it is a great name.
And you can never be sure when you will next inspire an author like me. So, if you see your name in something I wrote, and you've actively blogged or emailed with me, you can almost bet that there was some subliminal reinforcement to me that it is a name I like!

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 12:41 PM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

7 Comments:

Carys, have you ever read the Drina ballerina series by Jean Estoril when you were younger? The protagonist Drina's mother was a world famous ballerina who died when she was a mere babe and she's also called Giselle. I've always thought it to be a very beautiful name.

By Blogger jennyowl, at 1:13 AM  

I would probably faint dead away if anyone used my name in a book.

By Blogger Estella, at 12:09 PM  

I haven't read the Drina series, is it good?

And, Estella...would you be dropping dead with horror, or the thrill of seeing your name in print?

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 12:16 PM  

I actually took the first name of someone we both know and used it for the name of my heroine in what some have called a cyberpunk short story.

Since she also reads here, I won't say who it is unless she prods me herself. lol.poeza

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:22 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger jennyowl, at 11:54 PM  

I like it. Some of the books take her from London to exotic places like Switzerland, Italy, Madeira, Paris, New York etc. But the final (11th) book which was written much later is very hard to find unless you're prepared to pay over 30 GBP on eBay for it, which sadly I can't afford.

By Blogger jennyowl, at 12:03 AM  

What does $30 gbp run in USD? Somewhere around $60. Too much for one book--for me anyway.

But then, I'm cheap and easy.
(Sex-cerpt coming soon!)

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------