Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Naples Florida & Mother's Day

Today, we drove down through Florida and came to rest at the Best Western Naples Inn and Suites on US 41. Got a nice suite at a great rate. The room is clean, and comes equipped with two t.v.'s, two queen beds, a dvd/vcr player (or two), a hide-away bed/sofa and super comfy big arm chair (daughter's opinion) in the suite living room, a great view of the pool via the balcony...and they serve breakfast down by the pool. Anyhow, we're highly recommending it for those of you who come to Florida. Stay in room 241. You can say you slept where Carys Weldon slept! (LOL For whatever that is worth!)

We spent a really long day in the car, 14 hours. Happy Mother's Day (and Birthday) to me. My three kids that aren't with me--all called and said sweet things. The ones riding with me were nice and we had no disagreements all day, so that's a pretty dang good gift when you consider the hours we spent cooped up together, wouldn't you say? Downright close to miracle stuff, I'd say.

So, now we're camped at the top of the Everglades, 8 blocks from the Gulf of Mexico...which we'll go look at after breakfast. We're thinking to check out the glades and the keys. Anybody been here? Got any pointers for not getting gator ate?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 9:19 PM :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

6 Comments:

Happy B-Day!

By Blogger Rinda Elliott, at 7:03 AM  

Happy, Happy, Birthday, Happy, Happy, Birthday, Happy Birthday to you.

Stay out of the swamps. I don't want to be buying a Carys Weldon alligator bag.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

Stay away from the alligators.

By Blogger Estella, at 7:27 PM  

A very Happy Birthday to you, Carys! Have a grand time at RT.

By Blogger jennyowl, at 12:17 AM  

Thanks! You gals are great.

But...I got close to the alligators! And I'm not talking handbags.

We did one of those hover boats over the Everglades. Ran over some alligators.

(As far as we know, no animals were harmed during those stunts!)

That's worth doing, let me tell you. And it was cheaper than I thought. It only cost $10 a person where we went, and the ride lasted a half hour--which was plenty. As soon as I figure out where my camera is, I'll get some pics uploaded to my website or something and let you know that they're up.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 11:48 AM  

Oh wow! That I've got to see.

By Blogger jennyowl, at 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------