Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Inbox monster

Almost 11 a.m. and I've been up and at the computer since 7, and I JUST got through my inbox. It's a monster. It eats me alive--and not in a good way, thank you very much.

I think it's a kid. A kid takes all your time, sucks your strength, demands attention.

And with the little envelope that pops up in the lower corner of my screen--with a bell even--ya just can't ignore it. Not if you don't shut it down.

It could be a husband, wanting my attention, eating at me, yes, sucking too--and also making me smile from time to time. (I guess that last could go up with the kid metaphor, also.)

It is my friend, and my nemesis--bringing me news that makes me laugh and cry. Challenging me, insisting that I rise above it.

Sigh.

I hate regular mail (because it is always filled with bills) and email is a gift to me, because I am not a mailer. And bills rarely come there.

But still...email bogs me down. Stole my morning--which is my best writing time--time to get focused.

When do you work best?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 8:50 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

For writing/creativity, I work best in the evenings/at night. For regular mindless mundane stuff including transcription, mornings and early afternoons are best.

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------