Carys Weldon Blog

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Serious Biz

I'd like to talk about things that matter, but I don't really want to get into politics or religion...

So, what else is serious?

I have a serious bruise on my hip from the injection I got Friday night. Like, palm sized. My kids think bruises are seriously cool. They take pictures of them. They wear them like badges of honor. I think that's seriously stupid.

You know what else I think is right up there with that? My kids list of movies to own: Dude Where's My Car, Night at the Roxbury, Road Trip, Mall Rats.

Not that I didn't laugh while they watched them repeatedly, or that they didn't grow on me, but...they were awful movies. I'm scarred for life from the scene in Mall Rats where the guy puts his hand down his back crack then shakes hands with someone. I went...eeewww. What bothers me is the fact that I believe some pervs do that sort of thing.

It's not like I can really say much against a person's choice in movies. I like Raising Arizona. Every single time I watch that, I giggle stupidly. "Boy, you got a panty on yo' head." That line kills me every time. I know, I'm messed up. I admit to it repeatedly because it's true.

And I love The Princess Bride.

Obviously, I'm thinking about humorous movies tonight. Wishing I had a good one to watch. Got any recommendations? As you can see, old ones are fine with me. Anything new worth watching?

I go in spurts, as you may have guessed, at what works for me. (Pun intended.)
But I haven't had any good...in days. ;)

Ah, I need to go. My mind is sliding into the gutter. Sounds like the time to write a story, eh?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:19 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

4 Comments:

I LOVE The Princess Bride!

And Pirates of the Caribbean.
And all of the Lord of the RIngs movies.
And Willow. Have you seen Willow? Cute movie. :)

I'm stalling. I've got to get started on work for the day so I can get done and do more enjoyable stuff.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:53 AM  

Have I seen WILLOW?

I stole the baby!

You and I could hang out on a couch all weekend, watching classics, enjoying the company, I think, Jen.

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 9:07 AM  

My sister got this idea to raise goats once. She tanked it after my other sister and I kept calling and opening with,
"Willow, change me back." Complete with goat shaking voice and all...

I love the Princess Bride, Pirates and all those, too.

By Blogger Rinda Elliott, at 11:42 AM  

ROFL @ "I stole the baby!"

I think you're right. :)

I know a while back I mentioned going to Eureka Springs before the conference in October, but that's not looking like it's going to happen. Dagnabbit.

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------