Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2007

FEED the Children

I stand corrected. And I'm terribly sorry that I had my facts backward. I WILL check them in future before quoting something like a percentage or naming a company/organization. Please accept my apology.

Wikipedia (agrees with the poster that chewed me out for my last post) and says that 89% of every dollar given to Feed the Children goes to program services (childcare, food, medical, disaster relief, education and community development).

I had to DIG FURTHER because I knew that one of the big charity organizations had been caught in fraud. Firefighters and UCF. Don't slam me for this mention. Go read: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm/bay/content.view/cpid/94.htm

Here's some advice for checking out organizations that ask for money to help hungr y children: http://www.consumerwebwatch.org/dynamic/non-profit-investigations-hungry-for-answers.cfm

Here's an interesting blog on all sorts of scams: http://www.mcgees.org/2004/04/12/the-scam-post/
I did not read other posts on this blog and am not condoning the blog itself, just pointing you to other reading material on the topic of scams.

When I GOOGLED scam/hungry/children, I was disturbed to see that some people had coached their children to fake being retarded so they could scam the government. What IS this world coming to?

And, honestly, I LOVE to know who is posting. Put a name to your comments if you will. And know that I don't ever post wrong statistics/info on purpose. And I AM OKAY with you telling me when I'm wrong. Just point me to the evidence. K? And understand that none of us are perfect.

Now, do you think I should completely remove my original post of the day?

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 7:56 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------