Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, April 06, 2007

Death and taxes

Left and right, I'm being asked for W-9 forms. I hate taxes and think they are unconstitutional, personally. I mean, who represented me and insisted on that crap? If it were up to me, the tax system would be simple. Ten percent of wages, and profit from corporations, etc. with no loop holes. Tips would NOT be taxable.

To the other topic...
This last week, a man I knew passed away. A really good guy named Bobby. He was my son's scout master a year or so ago. One of those guys that worked his butt off for anything he committed himself to. He left a wife, and a son and daughter behind. He was in his early fifties and died of a pulmonary embolism.

When I think about his passing, I want to cry. Mostly for his wife and kids. But also for me, and my church congregation. I mean, this is a real loss. A man who loved the world. I just wanted to put a quiet little tribute to him here.

They (people at my church) don't know my pseudonym, so I'm not putting his last name here but he'll know that I thought of him. I believe that "the other side" hears our thoughts, especially when the thoughts/emotions refer directly to them.

I think it's important to send up positive energy to let those who've crossed over know that we're thinking about them. I mean, how sad would it be to die and then find out that no one cared about your going, or missed you?

Which makes me think about my grandparents. I think about them all the time, and how things they said and did have colored my world. That's a great little cliche, don't you think? I wish I could think of other metaphors that wonderful. (Feel free to throw some out, or add a tribute to someone you care about.)

Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:47 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------