Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Contest reminder! Air Heads and other Retro Movies

Odds are very good that Brenda is going to win something in my ongoing contest. Let me remind everyone else...every single post to this blog will get your name in the pot for four drawings. All of them are for gift certificates and you can choose where yours is from: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble...any place I can do an online e-gift so you can get it right away. So, my comments and posts are meant to stir up some sort of comment, even if you disagree. Please state your opinions! And explain why you have them.

**
In other news, my oldest daughter has come to visit me! Lalalalala! I love having her home.

She's introduced me to Netflix. I'm not an adventurous sort with all the new "order something here" programs. I didn't know that you can get into your Netflix account through xbox 360 online, and watch movies on your tv in an instant that way. How convenient! Especially right now when we have snow and I'm too lazy to go outside, up town, 9 miles to the closest movie rental store.

We are watching AIR HEADS this morning. An older (1994) flick staring Brenden Frazier, Adam Sandler, and Steve Buscemi. Too funny.

I forgot the line where Adam Sandler says something about a guy being tased until he went bald. That always makes me laugh out loud.

Hanging with Casi is a fun mix of blasting into the past and learning what's new and cool now and recognizing I need to catch up!

Anyhow, the movie's on, gotta go watch it. What retro movie do you keep revisiting? Any faves? I gotta admit, Raising Arizona is one of my all time favorites. I loved Nicolas Cage before he was "famous".

Labels: , , , , ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 8:19 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

2 Comments:

MY favorite movie from the past is Dirty Dancing, I saw it 3 times in the movie threatre.. Once they had 24 hours of the movie on TV and I watch it 3 full times..
Yes, I think your daughter and my daughter would hit it off and she buys all of the Dvd's of Strawberry Shortcake. They are of course for her 3 daughters.. Right... Rob was a big He-man person, he had all of the figures including She-ra. When I call David a wimp he replies no I am He-Man. I also took Rob to see the Movie,, it was Bad..I think I might see if I can get the movie from Netflix. I love Netflix, you will learn to time sending your movies back so you can get the new releases on Tuesday.
I lost 5.8 pounds this week at WW. And I even rode on the bike 3 times for 15 minutes sach time..That was the most exerise for me in years.
Later.
Brenda

By Blogger Brenda, at 11:08 AM  

I'm enjoying all the old Christmas movies, especially the black and white ones. I can't imagine wanting to watch any movie every year except for these holiday movies. I think it isn't really about the movie but about marking the passage of time and bring up memories of times from the past when our family gathered together to watch them.

By Blogger Sue A., at 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------