Carys Weldon Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wiener Day

I just found out that July 18 was officially Wiener Day.

I feel a little bit left out over missing the celebration. Although, I must say I've been trying to push the hot dogs in the fridge (mostly cheesy dogs) to my son. "Eat up," I say, "It'll make you stronger. You know you want one." Mostly, I say that because he makes his own hot dogs.

Anyhow, to find out how I learned of this auspicious event, and why it was started, go here:

http://www.yahoo.americangreetings.com/ecards/view.pd?i=311401215&m=2988&rr=y&source=yahoo999

There's a hot dog break dancing. It's funny for a second. I watched for awhile, but it never got to a big finish. I'd be interested if someone actually watches it to the end. (Long song, he's dancing to.) Is there anything big as a finale?

Labels: , ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 5:16 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

5 Comments:

I find the idea of a Weiner day rather amusing. :)

Doing good here. The Wild Rose Press requested a partial on Kiernan's Curse a couple weeks ago. :D

Best,
~Jen

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:18 PM  

Why do hot dogs taste better cooked over an open fire with a burned crust? That's the way we cook them in the desert here in Arizona
The break dancing was funny
JOYE
JWIsley@aol.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

I agree about the hotdogs cooked on an open fire. In fact that is the only way I will eat a hot dog. Is it the burn taste or the dirt?

By Blogger Brenda, at 6:23 PM  

We can always celebrate weiner day later. I lvoe them ont he grill a well

By Blogger Debby, at 8:37 AM  

Are you still there????
Love ya..

Brenda

By Blogger Brenda, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------