Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Let's not dick around. hehehe CONTEST REMINDER

I see what type of posts rally the masses now. And they say women shy away from penis talk.

IMO, we talk about pricks all the time. Every Tom (cat), DICK, and HAIRY, one of them.

You'll be happy to know men everywhere are stepping up for testing, volunteering their services in the name of science. Check it out here: http://www.topix.com/forum/tech/T1TAA4JF33TNUEIJB

The comments are the best part of blog postings like this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, folks.

I have asked this before, I think, because my editor, Stef, and I have talked about this often. She says "If you use the word penis, I will substitute dick, cock, or prick."

So, I ask you, which do you prefer of all the terms used?

Flashback to Austin Power movies (and badly haired monkey chests) are coming to my mind now. Remember how they used every term possible, from sausage and schlong to Johnson and shaft?

If you were to rate the terms (and add your own please!) Which terms are the most offensive, and least crude to you?

I like the word cock better, but my husband, for example, uses the term dick more often.

When I hear words like schlong, peter, Johnson, I almost always laugh. Schlong? Because it's just a silly word (to me). Peter? Because there are many poor men named that fine name, and I also think of something I was told over 20 years ago--Gin makes my peter limp. I was a total virgin back then. Ditto with every person with a last name Johnson. Soooo sad. (giggling like a school girl here. So sad.) I'd have my name changed.

Okay, doing the math, I may have been popped by then but the cherry was still in my head. I was soooo naive. I had to have an explanation. Hadn't heard the term peter used that way before. Yeah, I know--that's super naive. But sometimes I think a sheltered life for a girl is okay. She shouldn't have to know what men will expect until the guy's already got her finger wrapped in gold and she's in his bed, eating his food. (Not the super food referred to at the beginning of this post.)

It's funny. I grew up in northern Indiana and never heard anyone talk about sex except the teacher during sex ed class and that was mostly a "girls have periods" talk.

But, as an adult in Nevada, and now Missouri, I don't have conversations very often that aren't referring back to the male organ.

Okay, I have plenty at church, but outside of that? Nada.

Every woman I know is dealing with the man/men in their life and what having a dick in their life actually means. Usually, trying to please Peter, or keep Johnson at bay. (puns intended)

Can you ever please one of these enough? Do you think having sex until he's rubbed raw is the way to go? Or would you get to that state before him?

I had a friend a long time ago whose husband could, apparently, never be satisfied. They would sometimes go 4 rounds, one right after another. She felt horrible because he wasn't satisfied with one good session and always wanted more from her. Plus, he made a point of saying SHE needed to do more.

My advice was for her to meet him at the door, say she wanted it, insist on getting it NOW because SHE is the one that wanted it.

And then, the minute he's done, insist he go again, and again, and explain that her need to get an orgasm through HIS efforts is the problem.

You know, put the shoe on the other foot. Instead of her playing catch up all the time, by meeting him at the door and asking for more and more, he was put in the position of being the failure, and couldn't put that upon her.

She found that he became more easily satisfied personally.

Of course, this all happened after she found out he had cheated on her. She was desperate to please him. I realized that was a control factor he used on her. Shitty, but true.

I had a non-sexual experience of the same nature with my father in law. I would walk into a room and he would notably say hello and welcome everyone but me, so I was feeling left out. It didn't take long for me to realize it was a total power play and he was winning.

My response was to enter a room and go out of my way to say hello to everyone in a notable fashion, by name (as he had done), except leaving him out. It put him on the other side of things, and he could never catch up because it became obvious he had ceased to exist in my eyes.

I've had to use this more than once with other people who have hurt me deeply. We tend to defend ourselves by begging someone to like us, or hiding in a room where they can't touch us.

How do you feel about this sort of thing? Do you see it happening to you? Or to people around you? Have you tried one way or the other of dealing with someone?

It's not very nice to leave someone out, and that isn't really in my nature. I'm the girl that invites people to have a big, whole table conversation as opposed to two people whispering here and there.

But I think everyone needs to protect their selves from time to time. When it comes to dealing with people, eye to eye contact when you talk to someone lets them know that you are really listening.

I think we all want that from our significant others. Here's where I circle back to the original topic and round up the posse to go after this topic. Do you think men bring up the silly comments about eating nuts and absorbing protein by suction on their danglies...to get a woman to look him in the eye and get a response that he knows is completely totally directed at him?

I dunno. What do you think?

CONTEST REMINDER:
Remember, every time you post comments on this blog or email a comment to me this month, you'll get your name put in the hat for the free holiday drawings for gift certificates. I'm giving out four. Your name will go in EVERY time you make a comment. So, with each comment, your chances of winning are increased quite a bit. And all the names will be pulled from the same hat (or bowl, in this case.) Good luck!

Labels: ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 8:51 AM :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

6 Comments:

HI,
I think that your choice of a word for penis depends on the sitution.. I personally like COCK.
My husband hates the word penis.. So when Becki, my daughter and I want to pissed him off we keep saying penis penis penis..It works everytime.
I went to that web site.. It was amazing how many were willing to help. I sent the site to DAvid and I haven't heard from him yet.
I am still dealing with a messed up nose.. I finished my antibodies. sp
I also started Weight Watchers on Tuesday. I really need to do something with my weight and no exerise. I was surprised, I wasn't at my all time high. Our hairdresser has lost over 80 pounds and a Good friend has lost almost 40 using WW. Leanna called me on Friday and I think it was a sign from God to start losing my weight.. I decided not to wait until the first on the year. David said if it is so important do it now and don't wait. Man, I love that guy. So say a little prayer to help me. They started a whole new program on this week.

By Blogger Brenda, at 8:43 AM  

I haven't tried that method of dealing with people, and I haven't noticed that people have tried it on me, but I'll have to remember it in case it ever becomes necessary.

By Blogger ikkinlala, at 9:04 AM  

Personally, I like the term cock best, but penis is good, too. Dick or prick are okay, but a little more crass. Just so long as it's not called the purple-helmeted soldier of love!

By Blogger Cynthya, at 9:12 PM  

I forgot another favorite name for penis.. Lovehandle, manroot....
I am finally feeling better..
I hope you folks don't get this nasty bug.. My mother in law is finally feeling better, she has had this for a month now.

By Blogger Brenda, at 8:28 AM  

I prefer cock or penis. I don't like the other terms such as dick or prick because they're often used in as a negative term, as an insult.

By Blogger Sue A., at 12:59 AM  

Cynthya, you won my New Year's Day contest/drawing for a gift certificate. Please select an online vendor like one of my publishers, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Ebay, etc...a place that's easy for me to purchase and send it to you via e-certificate, therefore easy for you to use online, as well. Congratulations! Email me at jennifer248@centurytel.net. Put CONTEST WINNER in the subject line. Thanks!

By Blogger CarysWeldonblog, at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------