Carys Weldon Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I've been busy...

I don't know about you, but summer time has me doing more things with my family. Even if it means watching tv with my son more. (He's the baby of the bunch!) He's out of school until the middle of August, and is heading towards his senior year. I'm feeling sort of panicky about the fact that he's growing up and probably gonna leave home before I know it.

While some people totally rejoice at the idea of their kids leaving home, I cry. I know if I call them too much after they leave, they'll realize how desperately I miss their smiling (and cranky) faces. It's weird, but I really have to keep myself from calling them, each and every one--and as you know, I have five.

Anyhow, my son went to scout camp last week and I was lonely all day. It's funny because it's not like we sit around and chat all day when he IS home. He's usually got his head in a game (Computer or Xbox 360) and I've got my head in a manuscript.

But we do talk here and there, when one of us gets up to get another bottle of water, or to go to the bathroom or something.

While at camp, he won an award. They did skeet shooting and he hit 72 out of 75, or something like that. I told his sister Cheyenne that it really means, if he says RUN and let's see if I can hit you, while he has a gun in his hand, you probably shouldn't think it's funny. She laughed, of course.

His dad was there the night they gave the award to him, and said he was SO proud. I guess, of all the camp awards, shooting is a big one. Not everybody gets to handle the guns, you have to pay extra for the privelege, and they stand over you. Those are good things, I guess--except for the money part.

Anybody else have a son in boy scouts? I want my son to be an Eagle Scout. You know, for years, they didn't accept anyone into the astronaut program unless they were an Eagle Scout. That's changed now, but I thought that was an interesting piece of trivia.

***
Let me apologize for my sketchy postings of late. I can't keep up with my email or writing, or kids, or most of the stuff I have to do and so I had to decide what would get less of my time.

While some would say, how much time does it take to post a little message here, I say...sometimes a lot longer than you'd think. I mean, I TRY to come up with something interesting, or thought provoking, and as you know, I sometimes fail miserably...but every now and then, I'm quite entertaining. (I just get lucky on those days, probably.)

Anyhow, sorry if you're getting bored with this blog because it doesn't have much going on of late.

Do you prefer sexual topics? Or personal? Political and controversial? Spiritual?
Is anybody out there?
***
On one last issue, I am still doing DREAM ACCOUNT type stuff. While I haven't been posting here regularly, I get together with a couple of friends once a week (most weeks) and do some positive dreaming. Mostly, we talk about what we hope for, and what we've received. We talk about ways to bring more good things to us and those we love.

More than anything, gathering with other women who are good friends, to whom you can talk about just about anything with, is very therapeutic. We talk about men a lot, and kids, and life, and writing, and psychic things.

Do you get together regularly with one or more friends like this? Any thoughts on this sort of thing?

Labels: ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 6:05 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

HI,
Good to hear from you.
I am home from almost 2 months in the mountains of Wy. David and I were volunteer camp hosts of a 12 site campground in a national forest. We are talking about outhouses, pump your water, no electricity. We painted tables, outhouses and site trim, cleaned fire rings, weed eating, wrote down license numbers of campers and cleaned the toilets. But we loved it. I know it sounds crazy but we did. We sat a lot and looked at the wonderful mountains, the bluest skies, the biggest butterflies and dandelions, and all of God’s creatures. I wonder why anyone would doubt there is a God. These things couldn’t have just happened. David is still there, first time we have been separated in 38 years but I need to come home and babysit the groundchildren. And it was a good thing. Rob told the babysitter his kids wouldn’t be returning and had to take off the day I was coming home. One of the older boys at the babysitter hit Parker and left bruises and twisted Lexi’s arm. Her reponse was” I Ben not to do it”. That’s not good enough. But Mamaw is home now. Ready to kick butt. I haven’t had time to miss David, I have been busy, this is my first day in over a week to stay home. I have worked on 12 computers, been to lunch with friends, been to dance lessons for Lexi and Taekwondo for Parker, taking the kids to the park everyday and even stayed all night with my mother in law when she wasn’t feeling well. But today is mine.
About what I like to see on your blog. I like to hear about what books you are working on, what you are doing and how you are doing, how the family is doing, I don’t think I will like to hear about Sex until David gets back. HAHA! Of course I do have my toys. I’m glad that your son won the shooting award. David was a very skeet shooter and he was in the boy scouts and loved it. It is really good for the kids .And I think it should be BOYS scouts, the girls have their own club.
In my dream account I want a day alone with people to wait on me.

By Blogger Brenda, at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------