Carys Weldon Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Real cacao?

Ever try real cacao nibs? Little tiny pieces of dark cocoa bean? I've been intrigued by them ever since I first saw them on ebay. You can buy them by the pound there.

Then, while at a gift shop in Bradleyville, Missouri, ( http://www.getawaygiftshop.com/index.html )I came across this Rain Forest trail mix that included the real chocolate flakes mixed with coconut flakes. I'm not a super coconut fan, but together it was great.

Every time I go into a health food store or gift shop, I look for it. I gave you the link but I'm not seeing it among their products online list. I do know they sell wax melt candles that are out of this world, strong fragrance for the small pittance they ask. They really give the house a nice scent.

So, if you're interested in something like that, you can contact them. Their soaps have a really nice scent, too, and I bought some of the lotion because it was a unique scent and strong.

Now, all that aside, going back to that real cacao that I became addicted to after picking up a small package of the rain forest trail mix at the Bradleyville store, I found something of the same nature at my local health food store and this is a link to their online site:
http://shop.sweetriot.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=182&zenid=89210340c15ee835260e09eefb001d5f

Now, obviously, you're probably not going to be interested in picking up a dozen of these little tins of chocolates, but I thought you might keep your eye out and try it. At my local store, the individual tins run about $3.88.

The big point of going into all this is...I actually think you could lose weight using these really strong bitter sweet candies. I tried the #65.

I think the harsh unsweet center of the real cacao nib, coupled with the outer sweet chocolate layer, makes for a satisfying treat. In fact, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that these might be the elusive little thing we are looking for when we have those eating binges, and snack on just about everything. You know, the stuff you take a bite of, and put back in the cabinet, and then move onto the next thing you can find, hoping to solve your cravings? When you can't quite put a finger on what you're craving?

The little pieces are small, like a chocolate covered raisin. Nothing big, nothing to brag about on the size level.

But, I think, when you have those munchies and can't seem to settle your cravings...? If you get some of these, I think you'll find that you don't need to go through every cabinet looking for the thing that'll settle your craving.

If you see it, and try it, come back and let us know what you think. If you've already tried it, or another thing that you think fits the same bill, come back and let us know.

I really can't afford any more of those foraging episodes. It is so much easier to take a little piece, wait a few moments, and realize the cravings have been appeased. I just thought you might also want to try this. You don't have to go for that particular brand. It's just the one I found that I think would do the trick. I'm sure there are plenty of other products of the same nature out there.

Ciao!
~Carys

Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by CarysWeldonblog :: 4:15 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

1 Comments:

thanks for the heads-up in the bits. I am always lookng for things to curb my cravings.
JOYE
JWIsleyAT aol.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------